Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I have B&N at 3.99 and would like to price match on Amazon rather than set to same price. If I get someone to report cheaper price, how long does it take Amazon to price match?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd heard about it taking a long time, but I recently price matched one of my shorts to make it free on Amazon and it only took about a week.
I don't know if I got lucky, but it was a pleasant surprise to see a bunch of free downloads show up in my sales report!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are you wanting to price match so the Amazon version is free? Or are you wanting to price match so that the Amazon version is $3.99? If the later, it's loads easier to just go in and change the Amazon price. If the former, then the time to price match varies.

One thing to consider if you are trying to get your first to be permafree. It's best to have other books in the series out as well so readers can move on to the rest of your books. If you just have one book out, readers have nowhere to go if you make that one free.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lia Sebastian said:
Are you wanting to price match so the Amazon version is free? Or are you wanting to price match so that the Amazon version is $3.99? If the later, it's loads easier to just go in and change the Amazon price. If the former, then the time to price match varies.

One thing to consider if you are trying to get your first to be permafree. It's best to have other books in the series out as well so readers can move on to the rest of your books. If you just have one book out, readers have nowhere to go if you make that one free.
I think Tensejim wants to price-match it at 3.99 so that it will slash the regular price and show the discounted price. That way it shows that it's on sale and not the regular price (if he were to just set it at 3.99).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think Tensejim wants to price-match it at 3.99 so that it will slash the regular price and show the discounted price. That way it shows that it's on sale and not the regular price (if he were to just set it at 3.99).
Except the current price is $2.99. Maybe I'm missing something here . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts