Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit publish on my sequel today (finally, a year later... pant pant pant). How long does it take before you get a Kindle ranking, etc? Seems like I've seen people talking about something that takes 3 days to catch up, but maybe that was previews or something (although there is a preview visible on mine... holy crap it's long too, like 7 chapters of "free preview" seems kinda high to me). So, anyway, curious. Thanks. (Yes, nervous and giddy with new release too. But, WOOT!)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Echo75 said:
Mine appeared after about 24 hours.
Cool. Thank you. When I published my first one (and the novella that I had shortly after), I wasn't in a place to be paying attention to that stuff. Now I'm just sitting here staring into my monitor going, "WTF?" lol. Having some perspective helps.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patty Jansen said:
Only if there are sales.
Oh, you had to bring that in, didn't you?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
headofwords said:
Congrats, John! Good luck with it!
Thanks! So far, so good. Just invisible, and I drink a lot, so technological reality, booze and constitutional paranoia are working against me just now. Hopefully it all works out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was the same, John. I published my poetry and shorts as a bit of an experiment to test the waters, and then did soft launches for the picture books, figuring they wouldn't go all that well on review sites or anywhere that wasn't a dedicated children's book site.

Then when I published Cruxim yesterday I was like, "Come on, already." But the rank is there now, so all good. Best of luck with yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.