Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I published a novel about 10 hours ago. Reports show 8 sales today and a bunch of page reads but it doesn't show in the ranks yet. How long does it take? I published another novel in june and I recall it showed pretty quickly (and had less sales the first day)

Experiences please?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
As long as it takes, unfortunately. As you've already experienced, results will vary. Sometimes updates are slow and we never know why, and sometimes they aren't.

It's particularly vexing when running a promo, but there is nothing we can do about it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes, the lag time varies but it will eventually show. Hang in there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trigor said:
I published a novel about 10 hours ago. Reports show 8 sales today and a bunch of page reads but it doesn't show in the ranks yet. How long does it take? I published another novel in june and I recall it showed pretty quickly (and had less sales the first day)

Experiences please?
In my experience it seemed to take about 2-4 weeks. Then after that my author page fully loaded with a link to the book on Amazon, then the rankings showed up about a week after that. Even ratings and reviews didn't show up right away. I could tell my book had "loaded" via the Kindle app. When I would click on the author link in the beginning, i would get no information or an error. Once I could click on my name in Kindle app and my information appeared, then everything else appeared on the traditional site, including ratings.

As I newb myself the best advice I have is wait at least a solid month before you get nervous. You have no control over Amazon, so best just to stay stress-free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts