Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your experience, how long does it normally take for a price change to push through from Smashwords to the different distribution channels?

I want to lower the price of my first book in anticipation for the second book release, but I want to avoid as many issues with Amazon as possible. I publish to them directly and know that the price will probably go through in a matter of hours meaning that their price will be lower than everywhere else.

I'm trying to decide if I should change the price on Smashwords first and then wait until I see it pushed through at other retailers before I change it on Amazon.

Also, if I update the book file or description at the same time as the price, will that have any influence on the speed that the changes go through?

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Smashwords, obviously, changes right away, but I had a promotion around mid december and decided to do a perma 99 cent through smashwords and distributors. Kobo was the last to get around to the change and that just happened about two weeks ago. I'm sure time varies for a number of reasons that none of us can even hope to figure out. It sometimes seems like there is no system - just random glitches where it either works or not. That having been said, yours may change right away with little delay. I wish I could be of more help and offer up some concrete numbers. Do those even exist?  :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts