Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old question and similar questions have been asked recently in the forum, but I need more information on that to optimize my sales.

Because I control my niche pretty well and I have several people from the niche on my facebook fanpage, I decided to promote my book with facebook ads. Facebook ads are much more expensive than AMZN ads, but when you have control of the niche, then FB ads are more convenient.

My book is written in Spanish and my main market is Spain (AMZN.es). Throughout Friday I sent Facebook ads about my book, redirecting people to the AMZN page where my book can be purchased.

I kept updating the KDP sales page throughout the whole Friday and there were no sales. Then I just stoped facebook ads.

Assuming there may be a delay in sales reports, I stay tuned for Saturday sales. During Saturday there were no sales ... the same on Sunday.

Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the days with the highest amount of sales, but with these advertisements I did not have any. However, during Monday morning (today), I had a significant amount of sales of my book.

It is possible that those sales were from Friday and the delay has shown them today?

The question of: "KDP has some delay in displaying sales" is an old question. Many of those who say that sales show up immediately, say so because they perceive it that way. Until a few days ago I also perceived it that way, but to be realistic I have no idea when sales are made and when they are shown in KDP.

Facebook ads (sometimes) have some advantages over AMZN ads, especially if you have a list of people in your niche to whom to send those ads, but it is hard to work in a "blindly" way, without knowing if those sales were actually made by facebook ads or by someone looking for your book on AMZN.

Is there any way to know if whoever bought a book in AMZN searched for the book or came to the page through an external link?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've had similar issues. I only do FB ads so there's no challenge of attribution. I have never been able to conclusively nail down KDP updates - I definitely feel the rubber-band effect many times (i.e. very poor sales through the day and then suddenly a bump, or $ not matching sales because some $ get attributed the next day and so on). The short version of the short answer is -- you can't tell for sure (in my experience) and it's probably all over the place depending on the batch processing.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Amazon has been kind of wonky the last few days as far as sales reports are concerned. Also, it has been my experience the last few months, that sales are sometimes delayed on the last day of the month, and then show up on the first or second of the next month. That could just be me, however. Marti's Books

Reactions: catslover

·
Registered
457 Posts
KDP reporting has been lagging an awful lot lately. There seems to be a glitch as it updates sporadically now. This started about 10 days ago.Usually this is a sign of some major reporting change being implemented in the background. I would say these things clear up soon enough but, there has been a lot of delays over the last 18 months.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a feeling that the delay is not set in stone. Just like you product details can update at any point within a 72 hours timeframe, I suspect the same is likely true with sales as well.

For instance, I once had a guy on Facebook tell me he had just bought my book... the sale showed on the KDP Report page a few hours later. In that particular case, it was pretty quick, but there have been other cases where the delay seemed to be longer (though those were harder to gauge as no one else told me when they bought it exactly).

·
Registered
457 Posts
So I know I have paperback sales because of how much movement I had in my author ranking. And yet, for almost two weeks, nothing is showing on my dashboard. I know the dashboard is updated on physical shipments BUT, it should not be taking that long. There is something amiss in the reporting. (A couple of weeks, there was a vague note from Zon about "problems"- I just don't remember the exact words)

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I know I have paperback sales because of how much movement I had in my author ranking. And yet, for almost two weeks, nothing is showing on my dashboard. I know the dashboard is updated on physical shipments BUT, it should not be taking that long. There is something amiss in the reporting. (A couple of weeks, there was a vague note from Zon about "problems"- I just don't remember the exact words)
Keep in mind that rankings also take page reads into account. In fact, I've seen starker changes in my ranking with page reads than I have with sales.

Also, page reads are not reported at the same time as sales.

None of it really makes it easy to make sense of it. But I suspect that might be the point.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I know this is an old question and similar questions have been asked recently in the forum, but I need more information on that to optimize my sales.

Because I control my niche pretty well and I have several people from the niche on my facebook fanpage, I decided to promote my book with facebook ads. Facebook ads are much more expensive than AMZN ads, but when you have control of the niche, then FB ads are more convenient.

My book is written in Spanish and my main market is Spain (AMZN.es). Throughout Friday I sent Facebook ads about my book, redirecting people to the AMZN page where my book can be purchased.

I kept updating the KDP sales page throughout the whole Friday and there were no sales. Then I just stoped facebook ads.

Assuming there may be a delay in sales reports, I stay tuned for Saturday sales. During Saturday there were no sales ... the same on Sunday.

Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the days with the highest amount of sales, but with these advertisements I did not have any. However, during Monday morning (today), I had a significant amount of sales of my book.

It is possible that those sales were from Friday and the delay has shown them today?

The question of: "KDP has some delay in displaying sales" is an old question. Many of those who say that sales show up immediately, say so because they perceive it that way. Until a few days ago I also perceived it that way, but to be realistic I have no idea when sales are made and when they are shown in KDP.

Facebook ads (sometimes) have some advantages over AMZN ads, especially if you have a list of people in your niche to whom to send those ads, but it is hard to work in a "blindly" way, without knowing if those sales were actually made by facebook ads or by someone looking for your book on AMZN.

Is there any way to know if whoever bought a book in AMZN searched for the book or came to the page through an external link?
Facebook ads need at least a week to learn where to go. One day is not nearly enough time to decide if they are working or not, especially if it is a small niche. Also, the more you have set your ads to spend, the longer it will take them to learn.
Keep in mind that rankings also take page reads into account. In fact, I've seen starker changes in my ranking with page reads than I have with sales.

Also, page reads are not reported at the same time as sales.

None of it really makes it easy to make sense of it. But I suspect that might be the point.
Sorry, it is downloads to KU that increase the rank, not page reads.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Facebook ads need at least a week to learn where to go. One day is not nearly enough time to decide if they are working or not, especially if it is a small niche. Also, the more you have set your ads to spend, the longer it will take them to learn.
This is true when you target the ads using the facebook tools to determine audience, then the facebook AI algorithm works and improve the audience to get better performance of your ads by "learning" what audience is more likely to buy (sounds better than it actually works).

However, I actually target to the specific audience I have saved, people of my niche; and get several clicks on the ad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts