Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long did decal girl and Oberon take to get their K2 accessories out after it's release? I was wondering how long it might be for DX ones.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Seems to me it was a few weeks -- quicker for skins, longer for Oberon covers.

Personally, I don't think I'd get a skin for the DX (I'm still on the fence but leaning toward the 'buy it' side) since there's not as much surface area on the front.  Actually, most of my gadgets are not skinned; I got one for my K1 because I thought it made it look better.  Don't think I'd have bothered to skin a K2, either, but that's just me.  As for covers, I think I'd go for a slip case/bag rather than a cover.  An Oberon cover is likely to cost $100 or more -- which would be a little too rich for me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
MarthaT said:
It probably won't take them too long after they receive it
I was in touch with Oberon yesterday. They apparently have a prototype done, but waiting for arrival of their DX before they can finalize. I'm guessing July.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaning toward the M-Edge pedestal cover, I like the idea of having something that will stand it up and as much as Oberon is lovely I'm not sure I want a cover that opens like a book.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm waiting to actually see how the device fits in my hand, but for sure will probably get a skin to mitigate fingerdirt (ewwww).  I don't think that the size of this device will lend itself to a book-like cover; perhaps that stand or just a sleeve cover.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Decal Girl is very fast, I think they had the skins available for K2 within a week.  They must have some very expensive machinery.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Usually when something new is about to come out a manufacturer should have things ready in 30-60 days

·
Registered
710 Posts
Rasputina said:
The M-Edge for DX is out

And the platform jacket also

Thanks so much! I would not have even noticed that they were out until you have mentioned it. I just have to wait for Decalgirl for a skin before I can get a cover.

Does anybody have a clue on the Borsa Bella?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about skins from DecalGirl?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I contacted DG and they said that it should be up within the next two weeks. We'll see because I REALLY want a skin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts