Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The third book in a series I've been reading was released on Feb. 17. The other 2 are Kindleized, but this one still isn't. How long after the hardcover release does the Kindle edition normally come available?

By the way, it's Tuck by Stephen Lawhead if anyone wants to click the "I'd like to read this on Kindle" button for me.  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Not to hijack or anything... But another Alaskan?

Back on topic: I don't know :)

I'm such a big help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
It varies quite a bit, some come out at the same time and some 2 or 3 weeks later, maybe more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I've seen some out the same day, others...well one in a series I'm reading was in print April of last year and the Kindle version didn't become available until November. Needless to say I made it a point to find the author and send a polite note to him to please, ever so much please, send a very demanding note to his publisher to out a Kindle version one hell of a lot sooner this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
akjak said:
Not to hijack or anything... But another Alaskan?

Back on topic: I don't know :)

I'm such a big help!
Yep! Palmer here. Any luck getting Whispernet to work yet? I had 3 or 4 signal bars for a week or so, but it wouldn't connect. Now I have no signal.

Vegas_Asian said:
I'd just keep hitting the request link under the hard copy version
I've already hit it 5 or 6 times. Guess I'll just keep doing it. I didn't know if it would register more than one click from the same account.

V said:
I've seen some out the same day, others...well one in a series I'm reading was in print April of last year and the Kindle version didn't become available until November. Needless to say I made it a point to find the author and send a polite note to him to please, ever so much please, send a very demanding note to his publisher to out a Kindle version one hell of a lot sooner this time.
Hmm Maybe I'll try contacting the Author. Maybe I'll ask him if he can get some of hos older books Kindlized too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
ak_popsicle said:
Yep! Palmer here. Any luck getting Whispernet to work yet? I had 3 or 4 signal bars for a week or so, but it wouldn't connect. Now I have no signal.
I'm in Anchorage, and haven't had any trouble with Whispernet. Well, there was the one day it was down for everyone, but other than that it's been fine. Have you gone into town and tried it there? I keep the wireless off most of the time, unless there's a book "incoming," but I usually get the book in just a few minutes after ordering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,129 Posts
Keep clicking.  There was one I wanted a few weeks ago and I think I clicked that link at least once an hour when I was in front of a computer.  You can also use the Feedback button down lower on the page to let Amazon know that you want the Kindle version.
I've seen Kindle releases all over the place compared to the DTB versions.  It would definitely be nice if all new books would have their Kindle counterparts released on the same day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I'd just keep hitting the request link under the hard copy version
Haha, I was going to recommend the same thing. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
ak_popsicle said:
Yep! Palmer here. Any luck getting Whispernet to work yet? I had 3 or 4 signal bars for a week or so, but it wouldn't connect. Now I have no signal.
I've already hit it 5 or 6 times. Guess I'll just keep doing it. I didn't know if it would register more than one click from the same account.
Hmm Maybe I'll try contacting the Author. Maybe I'll ask him if he can get some of hos older books Kindlized too. :D
Can't hurt to email the publisher as well - go after 'em from both ends :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
ak_popsicle said:
By the way, it's Tuck by Stephen Lawhead if anyone wants to click the "I'd like to read this on Kindle" button for me. ;D
Just clicked for you and picked up a sample of the first book in the series while I was at it. I get the greatest book suggestions here! I love the Robin Hood legend (and British history in general). However, I don't want to start the trilogy until the third one comes out for Kindle. These days, I don't want to read the DTV of anything.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top