Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Long Is ACX Audiobook Approval Taking You Nowadays/Lately?

I have had about 5 audiobooks (some almost 4 months ago still in review/pending.)
Some audios seem to get approved in 1 month...but there are several I have that are pending for MULTIPLE months...some 4 months ago.

How long is it taking you guys nowadays? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My most recent two took about six weeks apiece, I believe. But I did email in annoyance during that time and yank them from exclusive to non-exclusive, putting them up elsewhere via Findaway. So it's possible that got ACX moving a little faster than usual.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
It's usually 3-4 days for me. I'm exclusive with narrators on the approved list. My most recent one took the longest of anything since February and that was nine days. Amazon flat out says those going exclusive get priority, so that's something to consider.

·
Registered
13,336 Posts
There is no rhyme or reason.

I've had a (non-exclusive) book go live within two days, and I also have an exclusive book that's been waiting since 25 March.

Mostly, for a book submitted today, it seems to take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In my experience, exclusivity or sales volume has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
A few days. Most it's taken has been a week. I've had 3 audiobooks release in 2020. Time hasn't been significantly different from past years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts