Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a full charge this morning. I read for an hour at lunch and then maybe 3 hours tonight and my battery looks like it is down to 1/4. WN is turned on. It seems like it is not holding a charge the way I expected. Does this sound normal?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
No, but often rechargeable batteries require a few charges before coming to their full potential.... Be patient, if it doesn't improve in a week or so contact Amazon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure hope that is all it is. I just went to show it to a friend in the office and it had enough juice to turn it on and show him real quick then I got a message that I needed to recharge. I got about 4-5 hours out of the charge with WN on.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
It might be doing some indexing if you downloaded a lot of books. . .that's going to drain the charge pretty quick.  I'd suggest keeping it plugged in when you're not actively using it. . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just curious why did you have the WN on that long - is there something I am missing I should be doing -

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rho said:
Just curious why did you have the WN on that long - is there something I am missing I should be doing -
I didn't really have any reason to leave it on so now I will be leaving it off unless I need it on.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
thanks - I leave mine off unless I need it and it is so easy to turn on now it isn't an issue to me.  Even if I were getting the paper or something on I think I would just turn it on in the morning while I was getting my coffee made and it would be there when I was done. 

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have K1 and no access to Whispernet - my charges are getting shorter and shorter (I only got my Kindle on 12/10). If you use MP3 player, battery life will be reduced. From my experience, connecting to USB may also reduce battery life (not sure it makes sense, but this is how I download books, so I assume it may have something to do with the fact that my battery only lasts 4-5 days ... not 10 days advertised). I've ordered a replacement battery ... supposedly on its way ... so we'll see if that is able to hold a charge longer or not.

Glynnis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts