Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to rebrand one of my series, and I got new covers for the three books (to date) in the series.

I went onto KDP last Monday, August 3rd, and uploaded new eBook and paperback covers on there, and emailed ACX support for the audiobook covers.

As of now, the eBook covers for all three books have not updated on the product pages yet (right now, they're all showing "no image available", not even the old cover), and only one of the 3 new paperback covers is showing.  None of the audiobook covers has been updated yet, either.

This seems...kind of crummy, and ridiculous.  There's nothing even vaguely objectionable or worthy of any human review on the new covers.  Should it really take a week to not even reflect the updates yet?

I've emailed KDP customer service twice (Thursday and yesterday) with no response at all.

To contrast, I'm wide, distributed through Smashwords, and I uploaded the new covers there, too...and by Tuesday morning, I was seeing the updated covers at Barnes & Noble nook store and on Kobo.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Normally, it takes about 1 day. But it sounds like there's been a glitch if you are seeing "no image available" on the sales page in the store. Presumably, you don't have the option to upload them again because they are still in review. If so, your only recourse is to wait for an answer from their support people.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem. Finally, I went through the process on the help page where you get to the part where they will call you back. They did, within seconds. The rep said they will upload my cover again and that should correct it within 2 days. I don’t have to do anything but wait. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally did that last night, and they explained what the problem was.  Apparently the "color profile' of the cover files was wrong, which I was able to fix in 30 seconds.

Still, it would have been nice if they'd, you know, communicated that to me some time in the week I was waiting to see them go live.  For a company with cutting edge technology, Amazon kind of totally sucks at communicating when there are issues with your books and what to do about them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have just published my boxed set and had the same trouble i.e. it happened on the last 2 books. But after a couple of emails to Amazon it is miraculously fixed. First guy just sent me a boilerplate reply saying I should wait 72 hours, so I raised the issue again immediately and voila, it is fixed.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I wonder if things are just taking longer from amazon in general.  I had a kindle ad that was supposed to start three days ago, but it still says it's delivering.  Not too worried about it, but with what you all are saying here, I don't know if everything is just backed up maybe.  Good to hear that everything worked out for both of you!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kathy Dee said:
What was wrong and how did you fix it?
The color profile was "sRGB" which is not right, and it needed to be "RGB". There's a setting in photoshop to define it. I still don't know what the color profile DOES, but Amazon is happy with it now.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
starkllr said:
The color profile was "sRGB" which is not right, and it needed to be "RGB". There's a setting in photoshop to define it. I still don't know what the color profile DOES, but Amazon is happy with it now.
Thanks for replying - appreciated.

NikOK said:
I wonder if things are just taking longer from amazon in general. I had a kindle ad that was supposed to start three days ago, but it still says it's delivering. Not too worried about it, but with what you all are saying here, I don't know if everything is just backed up maybe. Good to hear that everything worked out for both of you!
You know, I would accept that if the new book listing had not been published. But it was published; just without the image. I am not sure the 2 people who contacted me from Amazon understand what is going on either, but anyway, it is sorted and I am a happy bunny once again :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts