Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many books, magazines, blogs, and newspapers do you all have on your Kindles that you're all in the process of reading or waiting to be read.

I have:

Books - 14
Magazines - 0
Blogs - 3
Newspapers - 0
Samples - 33 (I'm always looking for more books,  ;D)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
books - 146
Mags - 0
blogs - 0
newspapers - 0
sampes 49

·
Registered
446 Posts
Books - 24
Magazines - 0
Blogs - 0
Newspapers - 0
Samples - 2

I delete the ones I already read.  Also rather than downloading samples as reference of books to read, I keep the books I want to read on shoppingnotes.com instead.

Rachel

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hmm, home page = 1 of 30.

Okay, I'm NOT going to count how many books that is - I'll depress myself.  A handful of those are samples, but most are full length books.

Those are just unread books.  My *archive* is an additional 23 pages...

On the other hand, there are 0 magazines/blogs/newspapers.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
stevene9 said:
Books 178

Short Stories 18
I am quoting my own post because I realize this is not correct. I do not keep them all on my Kindle as the question asked. I keep about 10 books on the K at any one time, the rest I have downloaded to my computer for back up.

Steve

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
225 books
3 magazines
22 samples

On my K1 and SD card.  I have a few more books on my computer that I haven't moved over to the K.
deb

·
Registered
712 Posts
64 pages
636 total items
65 samples
1 blog
570 books
plus i have 11 archived and only the good lord knows (because i surely don't) how many on my computer to download whenever.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
crca56 said:
64 pages
636 total items
65 samples
1 blog
570 books
plus i have 11 archived and only the good lord knows (because i surely don't) how many on my computer to download whenever.
Wow, I think if I had that many items actually on my Kindle I would never turn it on. It would depress me too much to wade through all of that.

Steve

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I agree with Steven......this is a HUGE reason why I don't download a bunch of samples/freebies......I only download what I know I definitely am interested in. And I archive all finished items asap ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG!! I guess I'm way behind on the power curve here. I'm not worthy (head bowing to all of you)...but give me time. This newbie will soon learn from all you.  ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Books - 39
Samples - 11
No periodicals

But I have hundreds of books organized on my computer. I just keep a few of the books that are high on my reading priority list on my Kindle. I find that organizing my reading material on my computer makes it easier to find what I want.

Also, the vast majority of the books that I have on my computer are free or public domain books. As I mentioned elsewhere, I use Amazon as my library for books to be purchased. I typically do not buy books until I am ready to read them. But I always download free books as soon as they are available.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I buy books that I want if they are within my Buy threshold.  Anything under $3 I buy.  $3-$6 I think about and depending on how much I want it, and how much under $6 it is, I may buy it.  I've learned that book prices go up, too, so if wait, I may lose a really good bargain.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think I have about 120 or so on the Kindle right now. Wow, now that I think about it I should clear some of that out.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts