Kindle Forum banner

Right now, how many books do you have on your Kindle and SD card? (Not counting samples).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many books do you have on your Kindle right now?  Not counting samples or newspapers, but including any on an SD card if you have one.  Feel free to come back and update your answer if you buy a whole bunch of books like I just did!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I've got five books and two samples.  Two of the books coincidentally have the word "Devil" in the title!  Hmmm.  A little strange?  That's excluding the Guide and Leslie's FAQ.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy, you may want to change the numbering. I had 71 BOOKS. I also have samples, documents I've sent myself, newspapers, and short stories!

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ok...*blush* I have 78, including Leslie's book ;) They're mostly classics that I never had to read in HS so when I was looking for a particular one that I wanted to read, I decided to just download some others as well :))

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have 14 menu pages of books.  3 of the items are entire collections (Poe, Twain, Doyle)  so I have hundreds.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kristin, I'm at 14 pages too, which I consider very virtuous, as I just trimmed it down from 17 pages :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Avalon said:
Kristin, I'm at 14 pages too, which I consider very virtuous, as I just trimmed it down from 17 pages :)
Trim?? Trim?? why trim with the SD card?!!

·
Super Moderator
67,500 Posts
chynared21 said:
Ann Von Hagel said:
Also several documents (IRS publications) I sent to myself.

Ann
For pleasure??? :p
In real life I do income taxes. Also sometimes teach tax courses. I like to have the pubs I may have to refer to handy. And since I now have the Kindle, it sure beat carrying a briefcase full of stuff when I am working. I've been storing them on an SD card so when I sort I can NOT show them all the time on my home pages.

Ann

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
chynared21 said:
Ann Von Hagel said:
Also several documents (IRS publications) I sent to myself.

Ann
For pleasure??? :p
In real life I do income taxes. Also sometimes teach tax courses. I like to have the pubs I may have to refer to handy. And since I now have the Kindle, it sure beat carrying a briefcase full of stuff when I am working. I've been storing them on an SD card so when I sort I can NOT show them all the time on my home pages.

Ann
Awesome...I remember when my girlfriend did taxes for H&R Block...constantly "studying". Glad that the Kindle made your life easier with regards to work :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I only have 3 right now... about 25 on my Amazon wish list and 25+ free ones on my computer that I haven't downloaded yet.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Just the free two from last week (see my signature) because I'm still awaiting my Kindle. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have only had my Kindle for about a week or so  but have more than 50 because I mostly read classics and I can get big compilations or complete works editions for pennys.

I have a complete works of Dickens, Sherlock Holmes, Tarzar series, Dostoyevsky, etc. So cheap. So awesome. Love the Kindle for this reason. Cheap. Can carry all of them with me. Don't even have a card in it either.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My SD card has 143; but my Kindle is set to ignore them; I only see three pages. I trash everything I read (except the Kindle How To books) to keep down the clutter. I even delete the free books once I've read them.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I keep most of my Kindle books in my media library.  It keeps the content list down to a manageable size. 

Once I start downloading free books, I'll get an SD card to transfer them off the Kindle if I think I want to read it again or delete entirely if I didn't care for the book that much. 

I keep wanting to get some free books, but it's just so easy to buy Amazon books right from the Kindle, I haven't taken the time to do the downloads through my computer. 

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
ScottBooks said:
My SD card has 143; but my Kindle is set to ignore them; I only see three pages. I trash everything I read (except the Kindle How To books) to keep down the clutter. I even delete the free books once I've read them.
Maybe you could teach me something Scott and I don't want to sound stupid since I probably haven't discovered all that my still nameless Kindle has to offer...how do you set it to ignore the SD card besides the obvious of taking it out???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kirstin said:
Trim?? Trim?? why trim with the SD card?!!
Kirstin, you're too funny! Yes, I have the 8GB card, so not running out of room anytime soon.

But, I really, really long for folders. Fourteen pages of books is too much to flip through! If I could put my mysteries in one place, my "comfort" books in another, my science/self-help/nonfiction in another, my samples in another, classics, sci-fi, history, well you get it.

I'd just love that kind of efficiency!

I'm leaning toward paying more for a book on Amazon even if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, because then I can save it in my media library and not have to have it on my Kindle all the time.

I also wish I could choose to show only the books on Kindle, not the books on my SD card; I could then keep books I might want "later" on the card, accessible but not cluttering up my homepage.

I know I've seen these suggestions over on the Amazon boards, I hope their product team is listening for improvements to Kindle v2.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I must have over 100 books on my kindle including all the cat who series book, as well as most of the pern series books to name a few series I read.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.