Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many books have you purchased for your Kindle? How many do you keep on your Kindle? Don't you wish you could just "check out" books and return them like at the library?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I am not sure.Lots,and lots lol
A fair amount are free books,or really inexpensive ones.

When I am done reading something I delete it, since amazon keeps my books purchased through them for me,so if I wish to read it again I can just have it sent to my kindle again. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Oh, my! I have unlucky thirteen! But, that's not counting the free samples (maybe 6-8 of those), so I guess I don't have to hurry up and download another book to get away from that number 13. Or, maybe.... ;)

I was just thinking about asking the same thing earlier today. Great minds, I guess? When I first got my K2 I figured I should only order the book I was going to read, but that's gradually changing. As I think of (or hear about) a book I'd like to read, I search, click, and voila! there it is! Still amazes me how that works.

I hesitate to have more books waiting to be read than I can remember. I don't want any getting lost. Now....if we had folders, I would go crazy. I'd have a folder for the books I've always meant to read. A folder for books I think I should read. A folder for books I'd like to reread. And on and on....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Well, 115 books currently on the Kindle:

65 books downloaded from the Kindle Store.  I'd have to dig a little deeper to figure out how many of those were freebies, how many bargains, and how many at "normal" prices.  I'm not even sure I can guess what the breakdown is without looking.  I'd better start getting these into my Library software now while they're still manageable...sort of. ;)

5 additional paid books from Baen

So that leaves 35 freebies from other sources (Feedbooks, Publishers' sites, Author's sites).

Wow.  So why do I always feel like I STILL don't have enough to read!  LOL

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I haven't updated my spreadsheet lately, but I easily have over 300 books and 200 samples. Many were free or less than 2.99 each. My average price per book is now at $1.29. I only purchase books when I have an Amazon Gift Card balance and that money comes from change collected in my change bucket and redeemed at a local Coinstar machine.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have 218 from Amazon, with an average per book price of 1.70. That includes the freebies though... 133 were actually paid for making my average 2.78 per book. But if you break down the number of actual books, since some are collections, which add an additional 65 or so gives an average of .77 per book with freebies and 1.87 without. Not that it really matters, I buy the books I want to have and pick up the freebie I think I will enjoy, but I am really impressed with how little my per book price is!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.