Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK with the "how much do you spend on books/month" thread it got me wondering.............how many books do you all read on an average month? I'm a student/and work full time and I'm lucky if I average 1 book per week. So roughly 4 books a month.

What about you guys? And also please list if you work, are retired etc so we know what else you have going on LOL

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I guess the best answer is, generally, it depends. 

Pretty sure I didn't finish any in January.

Finished one in February. . . .have about 3 ongoing.

I do better in the summer and when I'm not on KB all day!  LOL  :D

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Retired - busier now than when I worked full-time
depends on the length of the book
3-5 a week

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
When I worked; 3-4 a week.  I have read as many as one a day, but those are usually fairly short books; 250-300 pages. 

Now that I'm retired, it's hard to say.  I'm in three book Klubs here, so I'm reading those each week.  I'm leading an HP Book Club for kids, so I'm rereading that as well.  Then I probably read one or two other books a week. 

·
Registered
657 Posts
Um I read the average DTB in 4 days and on Phoebe about 2 days so you can do the math.  :-\

I give myself a giftcard on the 1st of the month and thats it for my reading budget each month. If I run out in the middle of the month like this month I have to wait for the next month to buy more..I would go broke if I didn't!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mine doesn't get used as nearly as much as the average here. Mine might be more of a cool accessory to have but it does get used enough to make it worth while.  ;D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
More broadly would involve how much do you read a month. I reread all of Sherlock Holmes every other year or so. That's usually 1-2 of the short stories per night in addition to whatever else I'm reading. That adds a lot of reading but doesn't add to the book count since they aren't truly books. I'm probably good for half a dozen books a month plus a few magazines, blogs etc..

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I am a 2 to 3 book a week kind of gal, so about 8 to 12 per month.  I have to limit my budget though.  I have some paper books.  Sorry that I am so clueless that I don't know what the letters DTP are even though I know it stands for the traditional books.  Anyway, If I run out of my budgeted amount I have to go back to my stock of unread paper until the next month.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Marguerite said:
Sorry that I am so clueless that I don't know what the letters DTP are even though I know it stands for the traditional books.
DTB = Dead Tree Book

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
I work 2 part-time jobs (total 20 hrs/week), one DH, one cat, one dog and one mother-in-law to take care of, but read about a book a day when reading the cozy mysteries and bodice rippers - 2 days for something requiring deeper thought!  I have had Radar since 07/08 and have almost 250 already read books in my content manager.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
6 to 10 books a month, Depends on length of book and whether I am working overtime.
Also I re-read books in much shorter time than new books, so if I am into one of my spells of going back, I may hit 1 a day.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hmm, probably 20-25 a month.

I do work fulltime but get a lot of reading done on my breaks, plus I'm an very fast reader.

In addition, we don't watch television, which helps!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have a full-time job that I just started in January.  But, the great thing about it is I only have to "work" 7-9 days a month.  I still have a free lance contract that I work approximately 3-4 days a month out of my home, and another 4-5 in my home office.  Right now is a slow time for the free lance work.  I've had quite a bit more free time.  I normally finish 1-2 a month, depending on the number of pages, of course.  I normally read 3 or 4 books at once so sometimes it takes me a while to just finish one. 

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow, I feel behind! I'm a full-time student, plus I have a part-time job once a week and do community service 2-3 times a week, so I'm lucky to finish a couple books a month.

Of course, I do watch a good amount of TV as well (I got the complete series of Sex and the City for Xmas and have been watching it nonstop) so if I applied all that time to reading I'd be reading a bit more.

·
Registered
679 Posts
it really varies for me... depending on what the books are (some i can read much faster than others) and how busy I am with work. This month has been really busy for me.

I would say on average: 15-20 a month

·
Registered
339 Posts
I prob read 4 to 6 books a month.  I do have two tots, a nearly full time job (executed mostly from home), my own fledgling business and about 3 other hobbies (aside from reading) that I love.  Sometimes I sleep too!  :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts