Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, how many eBooks do you hold on your device? I used to have all of my eBooks (over a thousand) on there but it became too cluttered with the way you have to organize on the kindle. Now I only have about 200 or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only ten, but I'm just getting started. I've been enjoying the classic works, so they take a little longer. Sometimes it's nice to read a quick genre novel for a change of pace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find it hard to stay organized after a couple hundred. The Kindle needs a way to make folders inside of folders, that way I could set the genre, then the author. Not to mention it would be nice to see the covers of the books on the front of the device.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have about 450.

I have another question ~ why do we keep so many books on our Kindles? There is no possible way that I can read all of the books I have, and I keep buying more ???

But I think I've seen this topic discussed before. Why do we keep so many books on our Kindles? Simple answer: Because we can.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have 256 books on my Kindle -- but there's only 164 if you group them by collections.  (It makes it much easier to find things!)

I've got several dozen games on my Kindle (in a collection called "Games") plus 25 books in a non-fiction collection I've called history. I guess technically some of the "books" on my Kindle are a few pictures I sent just to see how'd they'd look on the Kindle's greyscale screen -- plus a few audiobooks that I uploaded, just as a test.

Although the real answer to your question is:  more than enough!  :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Currently 938 all in collections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My kindle tells me I have 702 items. My collections are among them. I got a new kindle (the other one was defective) and I haven't put all my books back into their collection folders.

Calibre is my friend. Refer back to the 702 items. ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I keep about 20 on there, the rest I keep archived, or if they are .mobi files and I don't want them to show up I place them in a separate folder under the root directory so they don't display. I wish there was a file browser app that would allow me to browse and move files without having to hook up to a computer via USB.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I tend to keep mine at a reasonable level, around 50 to 100 depending on when I decide to clean up the books I already read or don't care to continue on.

I still keep backups of everything on my PC and a personal storage space online... just in case.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.