Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least one more, maybe two.  I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service regarding the issue I’d reported on the Personal Doc folder.  I originally called on Friday, February 27th; the Amazon CS rep told me that she would have to talk to the technical team and get back to me.  Two followups later and we have an answer, if not a fix. 

The CS rep advised me that this is indeed an issue (rolling eyes), and that a fix is imminent, however “it wouldn’t be ready until next week because they have other issues that they have to get out first”.  She then said she would be contacting me again next week.

Well that was telling!  In my mind that means at least one or two updates are already in the pipeline.  I, for one, look forward to a fix a week until all the bugs are worked out.  I don’t have a problem with the contrast on my device (will be comparing to my Kindle 1.0 this weekend), but the howls of anguish on the Amazon Discussion boards are deafening.  I am also seeing more reports of resets. 

So, patch on, Amazon!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sweety18 said:
Did the K1 have this many updates as well or is it just a K2 thing?
I think most K1s lived with the software they came with (mine was 1.0.8, I know there were people with 1.0.4) until the big upgrade a few weeks ago to 1.2.

So this does seem to be a little different for the K2.

L

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesslyn said:
At least one more, maybe two. I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service regarding the issue I'd reported on the Personal Doc folder. I originally called on Friday, February 27th; the Amazon CS rep told me that she would have to talk to the technical team and get back to me. Two followups later and we have an answer, if not a fix.

The CS rep advised me that this is indeed an issue (rolling eyes), and that a fix is imminent, however "it wouldn't be ready until next week because they have other issues that they have to get out first". She then said she would be contacting me again next week.

Well that was telling! In my mind that means at least one or two updates are already in the pipeline. I, for one, look forward to a fix a week until all the bugs are worked out. I don't have a problem with the contrast on my device (will be comparing to my Kindle 1.0 this weekend), but the howls of anguish on the Amazon Discussion boards are deafening. I am also seeing more reports of resets.

So, patch on, Amazon!
Also, FYI - They stated that when the fix arrives, I would have to delete and resend any personal documents already sent to my Kindle. Bop on the head to me for not asking about documents that I upload myself. I'll address that when I talk to her next week.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Also, FYI - They stated that when the fix arrives, I would have to delete and resend any personal documents already sent to my Kindle. Bop on the head to me for not asking about documents that I upload myself. I'll address that when I talk to her next week.
I noticed when I got this last little update that the few personal files I had sent myself had been deleted.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvmy4brats said:
I noticed when I got this last little update that the few personal files I had sent myself had been deleted.
Are you post 2.0.1?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there some sort of universal change log on this board describing software version numbers and changes for each device? That would be both interesting and useful.

You know, something like:

Kindle 1
  • 1.0.0: 2008-01-01 Initial release
  • 1.0.1: 2008-02-01 Stopped crashes and book deletions. Introduced page-forward functionality

Kindle 2
  • 2.0.0: 2009-02-01 Initial release
  • 2.0.1: 2009-02-05 Stopped screen flashing, extended battery life

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts