Kindle Forum banner

Not counting your own Kindle or Kindles that belong to family or friends, how many have you seen in

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never saw or touched a Kindle before I bought mine, and in the seven months I have owned it, I have only seen one other: flying on a plane to Germany. What are your experiences? Anyone here hook up to "see a Kindle in your city"?

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Others? Stories of Kindles you have met, either through arranged dates or accidental get togethers?

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Patrizia, welcome! Glad you made it here!

Is Marcia's (Maureen's) biography on the Kindle now? When it first came out a few weeks ago, it wasn't.

I won't even tell you the embarrassing name of a book I had on my home page when a doctor at the Free Clinic picked it up to look at it. Yikes! LOL

L

PS, despite the embarrassing name, the book was actually pretty good!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sandpiper said:
Hmmmm. I haven't seen any in the wild. Mine didn't come today. :( Maybe tomorrow -- I hope, I hope, I hope. Just got an idea. A very nice wine shop with small bar opened here in town a while ago. I plan to go there with my Kindle and read and drink wine. The wine shop has "events". Maybe they would send out e-mail to their customer list to come in for a Kindle viewing / demonstration. Maybe?
I think that's a really interesting idea! I had a great time city at outdoor cafes in Switzerland last month, sipping wine and reading my Kindle. Life is so civilized in Europe (even if they don't have Whispernet).

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking at the poll results so far, it certainly confirms that we are a group of early adopters, since 80% of folks have not seen another Kindle!

I have to say, when I saw the one on the plane, I almost fainted. It was the man in the seat in front of me and I could see his Kindle reflected in the window. (The plane was rather dark since we were flying at night). I didn't have the nerve to tap him on the shoulder or anything. I could see from the reflection that he was reading the Wall Street Journal. (I am such a spy!)

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Any more Kindle in the wild stories? Newcomers, add your vote to the poll!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It is amazing to me -- and I include myself in this group -- how wound up people get about this device, and how long the wound-up-itis lasts! I was excited when I got my iPhone but that wore off after a month or two. New laptpop? Ho, hum within a week. But this thing -- I feel like a kid on Christmas morning every time I pick it up!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeti...hahahah

There was a funny blog..I think on Huffington Post or maybe Daily KOS calling Kindle sightings as rare as Sasquatch. I laughed at that one.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Leslie has more embarrassing stuff on her Kindle, I do believe....
I told you, The Humble Little Condom: A History is a print book! ;D My Kindle is stocked with fine literature!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
ladyknight33 said:
Had I not been in the middle of a juicy love scene I would have demo'd the Kindle....oh well next time.
Oh, juicy love scene. Give a link? Good book?

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Encender Vaquero said:
That would be a "frock", a frock of young Dominican brothers came through...if they purchased a kindle and violated their vows, they would be defrocked and would thus properly be referred to as a bunch of mother frockers that just got threw out...
or...

Sally defrocked her Kindle when she took its skin off, prior to selling it to Mary Jane.

Like the avatar, EV. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Stefano said:
I am a civilian contractor working at a small NATO camp in Kabul, Afghanistan and have never seen a Kindle here. Soldiers and civilians from 40 different countries are constantly asking about my Kindle 2. Being an easy going guy, I enjoy explaining it to them. But I remind them that they have to have Amazon ship it to a family member in the states and have them forward it here. And that Whispernet is available only in the USA.
Welcome, Stefano! Congrats on your first post and welcome to Kindleboards. Glad to have you here.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Hi Candis, welcome. Glad to have you here!

We have at least one other member who is court reporter. I wonder if she was at the same convention as you?

We are a friendly bunch. Welcome aboard!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
enghncrtrptr said:
Thanks for the welcome, Leslie! I wonder who the other court reporter member is.....
Before being a court reporter, I was a professional classical musician (oboist and English hornist).
drenee

She posts a lot. Join us on the Good Morning thread. She usually posts there. Again, welcome.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
BTackitt said:
I truly meant '08... went back and fixed it..
I was just teasing. Think what life would be like if Kindles had been around since 1998...how many books would I have read by now? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts