Kindle Forum banner

Not counting your own Kindle or Kindles that belong to family or friends, how many have you seen in

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I expect to see many today. Classes are just start back up @ college, and all the kids who got them for X-mas.. Yep.. I expect to see a TON. Previously, I had seen maybe 5 total e-readers on campus, including my own.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I see a lot in airports--and a lot of folks I know have gotten them either right before Christmas or for Christmas. In fact, I'm always surprised/pleased when I walk onto a plane and see all those little Kindles in everyone's hot little hands!

·
Registered
186 Posts
i've come across two people on the train on different occasions, and thats in the year I've had my kindle.

More likely to come across ipads now more than kindles anyways

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you said "Wild" I thought you were talking about "in the wild" !!

Yesterday I took the K3 along for an hike outside of Ashland, Oregon.

On the way to "my time alone space" I talked to a student reading her Kindle along the river.

She was reading "Side Jobs" by Jim Butcher something I have on mine.

Small World

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
scarlet said:
I was giggling because to me it meant that she'd only had her kindle a short time and had not yet downloaded a whole bunch of books.
It may also have meant that she wasn't familiar with how much is actually available. On mine, I probably only have a dozen or so books of the kind that I would otherwise have bought at Borders -- newish releases, mostly. All the rest are either free classics, relatively inexpensive indie books, or books from the "free" thread here. I wouldn't have known to download all those without KindleBoards, and so without KB I'd also appear to be a new Kindle owner with 15 books...

OT -- I saw a woman with a K2 in the waiting room at the dentist's. No skin, but a perfectly hideous cover... cheap-looking shiny gold vinyl. :p And she had really long fake nails; I have no idea how she managed to press the buttons with those.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I took Hypnotoad (my K3) to the allergist's office today. I get allergy shots and have to wait 30 minutes afterward...perfect time to read. Anyhoo...the woman next to me was reading her K3. Then, I went to the salon for a haircut (much needed, btw) and the woman in the next chair was reading her nook.

It's been really fun to see the transition happening! ;D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oddly enough I haven't seen any "in the wild".  Right after I got mine I was in Best Buy looking for covers and was stopped by 2 different people asking me if I had one and how did I like it.  They were both looking at them as gifts (one for wife-one for mom).  I told the dude that if his wife really enjoyed reading to pick one up for her.  Mine was a gift from the bf and he still gets spontaneous hugs of joy from me because I'm still thrilled with it!

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I worked at a different law firm on Tuesday.  The woman who worked with me and showed me how they do things took out her kindle in the AM and plugged it in to charge it up.  Later she showed it to me.  Wi-Fi/3G with red lighted Oberon cover.  I hadn't seen the lighted cover up close before.  I told her about kindleboards and recommended that she come in take a look.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I work in a public school sooo I won't see them unless a faculty member happens to pull one out during lunch or break on a teacher workday. What I have noticed though is Nurses. I have seen several nurses with a Kindle. In the last two years I have had a family member or two in the hospital and have seen Nurses reading on a Kindle. Had one Nurse ask to look at mine and asked me questions about it. Later that evening she came back to me and said she went online and ordered herself one!  :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I now have a Kindle at home - I'd say it's fairly domesticated. :)

Also, two of my co-workers just got Kindles!

Before this month, I hadn't seen any except the displays at Staples.

321 - 335 of 335 Posts