Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have eight that are for sale and then one that is in limbo, waiting for a decision from Amazon.  I am doing the final proofing on another novel that I plan to get published later in the week.  So that might give me 10.

These novels took me 20-30 years to write.

I am working on a series of ten books.  The first one is very long so it is taking me some time to do the final proof and minor rewrites.  Then there are 9 more behind that, but the last three are incomplete.  But I really am enjoying writing this series since I love the characters.

Then I have 3 or 4 that I started, but can't get enthused about writing on.

Luckily I am retired so I can write all I want when my wife is not bugging me to do something for her.

So I may put a few more out there if I don't die of old age first.  I tend to write in spurts and am creative for a while and then let it lay and do other things.

In all I might eventually have a couple of dozen novels?

So how many novels do you plan to write and get published?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
How long is a piece of string?  :D :D

I have three romances planned for release this year, one thriller that is finished but I can't release yet then it's back to writing my thriller series next year. ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
At least two. After this (2nd) one, I'd like to take a breather and finish my music tutor books and then return to fiction. I'd love to make writing a career.

·
Registered
115 Posts
[Post content removed to protect my content and data because I do not agree to or accept VerticalScope's new Terms of Service. I hereby reject said terms and retain all copyrights to my information and content.

I disavow any association with the new ads that now exist that may be tasteless, racist, demeaning to women, sexist, or exploitative in any way.]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Franklin,

Well, I have itchy fingers (my writing urge) to match my itchy feet (my travel urge), and have managed to write over 40 stories so far. That's a mixture of novels, novellas and short stories. I've been writing since 2005. As for the future, I have ideas for another 25+ stories. Most of them novels. Whenever I write one, another two come along. Thankfully I can write fast enough to get through some before the list builds up to critical mass, but I think I'll be writing for a long time to come to get all of my stories written down, edited, proofed and released.

To date, I have also written two complete sci-fi romance series, and have another four ongoing series, as well as another two series in the works. I like my series. can you tell?

:)

Felicity Heaton

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've had 20 published since 2007. (I'd written some before) I reckon I write about three a year so if I keep going until I die..... I don't want to guess!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Well, I just sold the first book of a series to a publisher, so one assumes I have another 3 books left after the one I sold. Then, I have 2 other books drafted and outlined out. Then, I have a new series that I am planning to self-publish and am working on. Oh, and I have a MG historical fantasy in need of a revision soon. Let's see...I have a few more non-fiction ideas yet.

So, yeah. at this rate, a lot. Like Dawn said, even if I write just 1 book a year, I still have another 40-50 books left in me.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have my projects planned until 2013 - if a new one pops into my head, it either goes into the queue or goes ahead immediately, depending on how urgent my impulse is. I have a project a term, so four a year, but not all full length. One full length in production and one in post-production seems to work. I can't promise all of these will be accepted/published, though, but my batting average so far has been good.

I have nearly exhausted my desire to write in one genre, but not write altogether - so, a change is more likely than a full stop, as long as I feel the urge.

I'll keep writing until I just can't write no more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Until I die/have a stroke/alzheimer's. Writing is both a passion and an obsession. I plan to play the game to the hilt.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Until I die, and I can write at a rate of four books a year. Given that I'm less than 2 weeks from being 20, I should have a while to go.

To date, I've only written 2 books, but neither one will ever be published. My WIP will be though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm currently working on the third book in the Detective Elliot series. It seems to take me longer than most -- two to three years per book. I'm not sure how many more I plan to write.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I currently have one novel and five non-fiction books out (mixture of solo authored and as editor) with two more novels due this year. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say loads!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am about to release "The Last Page", and I have two more in the series that will be released this year. I have a"Classic Love Story" novel I'm writing with my husband with set release in October, and then a thriller with my sister in December (which will have a sequel out next year). That will be five out this year. I'm happy with pushing 4-5 out a year. Nora Roberts does it, as does James Patterson. :) JP writes like 7 a year? I feel like I have to get whatever story I'm working on, "out", so I can write "the next one". I'm always living in the "What if this happened and ______ " :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've written quite a few over the past 20-30 years, and have only lately been converting them into Kindle ebooks (prior to that they were stories on my web site). Six of those novels are now in the Amazon store. I've got three more to convert in order to wrap up the two different series currently available from Amazon in incomplete form (The Shadowfast Supercar Driver Logs and The Chance of a Realtime).

This conversion process is basically one last rewrite/proofing/editing session, prior to the ebook formatting.

I have another two or three series of novels which could follow up those first two-- but those are mostly still in first draft form, and so would take considerably more time to publish. Hence, I might first publish several non-fiction books I have which are much further along.

I'm unsure how many individual books there'd be in those 2-3 new series, but expect the overall total would be around six.

As old as I am, all that could easily account for the rest of my days, even if I could focus on that exclusively (which I cannot).

·
Registered
991 Posts
Since SWolf picked an arbitrary number, here's mine: 1,305,933. How? I plan on bringing my laptop with me into the afterlife.

As long as the muses keep waking me up with crazy dreams that must be penned, I'll keep writing.

PJ

1 - 20 of 53 Posts