Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are those screen savers hard to put on?  I love those decal ones, Wow!! Awsome.  I also want a case that will close up like zip up or something.  How many people out there have added stuff to thier Kindles?  I really love mine, just got it a few days ago. 

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh, boy.  Are you in for some replies!  Welcome to the candy store little girl!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
May I direct you to our Accessories forum?

There you'll find lots and lots of us who have "personalized" our Kindles... Sometimes blowing our book budgets on cases and skins!

G

·
Screensavers hard to put on? Are you talking about using custom pictures on the Kindle to replace the built in screensavers or are you talking about skins, which have nothing to do with the screen itself? Sorry, I confuse easily. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Putting screensavers on the K1 is pretty easy. I don't know about the K2. If you are referring to the skins, they are easy to put on. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Actually I tried for the last hour to put the screensaver from decalgirl on my K1. I did everything it says & every time I go to the "book" on my kindle there is nothing there. I did get 2 others to work from a thread on here , but not the decalgirl one. My kindle kept freezing up on me and I was freaking out.  :'( Now I have a skin on, that looks kind of stupid without the rest of the picture to go with it, but I am too afraid to keep trying.
Bummer

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ann,
I tried Leslie's instructions-I managed to get other screensavers, just not the decalgirl one. After my kindle froze a couple of times, I freaked & decided it wasn't worth it. Maybe someone more techie than me can figure out what I did wrong............ ??? I was almost in tears.  :(
kjn

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I tried with my K1. I really like the rotating ones. I am not teck savy. I could not see how I could ge rotating pictures of my own. I went back with the ones the k's came with.
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Congratulations you have stepped in the Enablers board

you will be dazed, confused and bankrupt by the time we are done with you , but happy and yes screensavers for K2 is very simple.. decalgirl only offers the screen savers for K1.  If you need info let us know.. we are one stop shopping around here :) and we LOVE our photos!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congratulations you have stepped in the Enablers board

Heh-heh.  Remember to wipe your shoes before you come in the house.  ;)

Sorry.  I have a 130 pound great dane at home.  That's the first thing that came to mind.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
kjn33 said:
Actually I tried for the last hour to put the screensaver from decalgirl on my K1. I did everything it says & every time I go to the "book" on my kindle there is nothing there. I did get 2 others to work from a thread on here , but not the decalgirl one. My kindle kept freezing up on me and I was freaking out. :'( Now I have a skin on, that looks kind of stupid without the rest of the picture to go with it, but I am too afraid to keep trying.
Bummer
I'd try deleting the decalgirl image and reloading it onto the Kindle. Sounds like there's something wrong with it. In fact, open it first on your PC to make sure it's OK.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Uhg that's the ONE thing i don't know how to do is change the screen saver on my K2. I'm scared to and the easiest directions stil seem too hard for me to understand. I'm pretty computer savvy but still they seem difficult.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Adding in screen savers is fairly simple (at least on the K1) and someone else has already kindly provided a link. As for skins... you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.  ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Ah, you guys are trying to take all the fun out of it. :'(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I admit, I am hooked on the skins and dont get me started on the borsa bella bags!!! Im so excited for mine to arrive! Im like a lil kid on christmas day :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
kittykindle said:
I admit, I am hooked on the skins and dont get me started on the borsa bella bags!!! Im so excited for mine to arrive! Im like a lil kid on christmas day :D
Like me, you will be addicted to your borsa bella bags and will never leave your kindle or home without it! A true fashionista addicted to the different styles of the Borsa Bella Bags!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts