Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone figured out how many average sales to get a rating on Amazon since they switched? It used to be about 75 sales to get a review, but the ratings seems to come every 15 sales or so. Is that what others are seeing?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
It still seems to be about 100 sales to get one review, and 1000 free downloads. Getting a rating does seem to be easier, as the person doesn't have to write anything, but I think it's not that much easier.

People are saying that it's getting harder to get sales, downloads, or reviews, though others say they're doing the same or better. Maybe it's the virus, the economy, society changing, world situations, who knows. One thing you can count on is something is going to change, usually about the time you finally get the hang of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
unkownwriter said:
It still seems to be about 100 sales to get one review, and 1000 free downloads. Getting a rating does seem to be easier, as the person doesn't have to write anything, but I think it's not that much easier.
In my case, I usually get a review per 450~500 downloads (permafree). But now that Amazon has added ratings as well, I find that it gets a rating per 4~5 downloads. Of course, this will vary depending on the genre.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Writer999 said:
Hi, has anyone figured out how many average sales to get a rating on Amazon since they switched? It used to be about 75 sales to get a review, but the ratings seems to come every 15 sales or so. Is that what others are seeing?
Since they switched what?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Midnight Rain said:
In my case, I usually get a review per 450~500 downloads (permafree). But now that Amazon has added ratings as well, I find that it gets a rating per 4~5 downloads. Of course, this will vary depending on the genre.
Yes, I meant rating, it seems many more ratings than reviews now.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Marseille said:
What do you mean, "Rating?" I assumed you meant ranking. My last release (under a pen name) has less than 100 sales since launch, but has 6 reviews already.
They meant ratings. Our books have been getting both reviews and ratings for quite some time now. Readers can leave a mere rating when they reach the end of a book, assuming they are reading using a Kindle or Kindle app.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had a recent big sale three months ago and got only one review with around 15 new ratings from around 650 Amazon sales. The ratings are much more prevalent and are changing the landscape of what we viewed as the "normal" ceiling of rating and reviews, imo.

Best example is promos sites that require 10 reviews. I could see this cap changing in the future. Is this better or worse for us???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts