Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an 80k story I used to give ARC readers a two week deadline and this worked out great.

How much time should I give them for 3 80k word stories? I'm not clear on this as I have never done a box set with ARC readers.

6 weeks feels like too much time. How much time would you suggest / is reasonable?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
IME ARCs are very lazy about box sets, even though they should have all the reviews available to repost. Don't count on long term ARC team members reposting their reviews. Some will, but it might not be a high percentage.

I think two weeks is still plenty of time, but if readers are used to two weeks, you might want to give them an extra week for the extra book length. I wouldn't go more than four weeks or you risk losing people's attention.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
What about adding a couple old reviews from the individual books in the collection prod description? Have you guys done that?
I've seen this done with Goodreads reviews as Editorial Reviews on a best seller as the 1st book of a series. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone with the time to read a box set and to put the burdon of a time limit on the reads. For that reason, I've not put my 290,000 word trilogy out for beta, or arc reads, though I've used a development editor for all three books.

I'm nor sure you could get away with adding Amazon reviews as Editorial Reviews, so I'd avoid that, but that's just me. I would use Goodreads reviews though, now that I have seen it done, but only on those that have not been posted on the individual books on Amazon..

Reactions: alhawke

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hmm ... Maybe I'll do Goodreads reviews there. Could add "Goodreads" as source with quote. I'm not sure what the official definition on editorial reviews are for Amazons TOS. Would goodreads be considered editorial? That makes me wonder if reviews from outside Amazon anywhere could be listed there??? Don't know. Thanks, Decon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts