Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member, so I need help with this.  So far I have only made a couple of posts--and every time I do, I find myself thrown out of the thread.  When I re-enter, I find that my posts do appear, but it is maddening to suddenly find yourself out of the thread and looking at the forum list.

How does one fix this?    :-\

Edited to say:  There!  It happened again when I posted this thread....

B

·
0 Posts
See the skinny blue bar under the banner?  Click "Profile."  The  select "Preferences."  Once there select the checkbox called something like "return me to the topic even after I posted in it."

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Hi Susan.  Here's what I have observed: If you're reading threads and decide to reply, your post will automatically go to the end of the thread.  I usually don't do a reply until I've read everything, so I don't forget where I left off.  Plus that way I can find out if someone else has already posted what it's occurred to me to say.

Also, your post just made the thread the newest in the forum so if you go back to the forum page where all the threads are listed, you'll see that thread at the top (if you have it set to show newest first).   My usual procedure is to select a forum that shows new posts (the highlighted icon), go to the lowest thread with the 'new' tag -- sort of the oldest 'new' thread -- click the new tag and start reading.  As I finish reading a thread I click previous to go to the next newest.  If I reply, I get 'thrown out' as you put it, so I then go back to the full forum and again find the oldest 'new'.

I find this works well because if I'm reading thread A, then go to thread B, then thread C, but in the meantime someone else posted to thread A, I'll see thread A again before I get all the way to the top of the forum list.

Does that make sense?

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
See the skinny blue bar under the banner? Click "Profile." The select "Preferences." Once there select the checkbox called something like "return me to the topic even after I posted in it."
Specifically it says "look and layout preference". On the left is a header that says "modify profile" and it's the third one down.

Ann

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bacardi Jim said:
See the skinny blue bar under the banner? Click "Profile." The select "Preferences." Once there select the checkbox called something like "return me to the topic even after I posted in it."
THANK YOU!! that worked a treat! ;D

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Thank you,  BJ.  That irked me too.

B

·
0 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Thank you, BJ. That irked me too.
It was a long-time thorn in my paw. I'm happy to share out the happy result of my investigation.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I didn't know that option was there. Thanks BJ!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts