Kindle Forum banner

How often did you use NowNow since you got your Kindle?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often, since you purchased your Kindle, did you use the now defunct NowNow?

I never used it....never thought of a question I couldn't figure out myself.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Angela said:
NeverNever... If I want to know something, I research it myself. Google and I are very good friends! ;)
Same here. Never had a question, I couldn't find the answer to myself.

I find Kindle's experimental internet very frustrating. I only use the whispernet for downloading books.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I used it twice, mostly as a test, so I could put info about it in the FAQ book.

L

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just used it once when I was out of town and trying to find directions to a certain town.  I needed to know within an hour or so and it was 2 days later that the answer came.  I got the directions elsewhere (obviously) but mostly I wanted to give it a try since it was one of the features on my Kindle that I hadn't played with yet.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Never, it seemed like an expensive waste on Amazon's part. Most seemed to use it as a test or stump the answerer kind of thing and then Amazon had to pay them.....  I thought it was a bad idea. I'll be glad if they concentrate on the important things. Although, I think hyping it so much then removing it was a mistake.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I, too, use The Google.

Now, the dictionary is great, and I've used Wikipedia to see if the background an author was giving was substantiated or if he'd, let's say, overembelished to make a good story.

Also checked the Redskins score on the mobile ESPN right before Mass yesterday.  Just to know how hard to pray, you know.  I resisted checking during the sermon.  ;)

Ann

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
Also checked the Redskins score on the mobile ESPN right before Mass yesterday. Just to know how hard to pray, you know. I resisted checking during the sermon. ;)

Ann
You did a fine job on the Redskins. I suspect others were also praying (sorry, Seattle fans).

Betsy

·
Registered
651 Posts
I probably used NowNow about 15 times since I bought it last April.  I loved it.  It was very reliable and had excellent answers until the last month or so.  I would receive three answers within  10-30 answers. 

The best answers came from web sites that I would have paid for that information or joined something to get the answer.  Those were the most informative, had the most unique details, and got a great rating from me.

Yes, there is Wikipedia that I could have accessed myself. Usually one of the answers involved Wikipedia.  But Wikipedia (weak--pedia) ...blah, blah, blah.  Google.  Get a headache trying the different sites to find the answer you are looking for.  More blah, blah, blah.  But NowNow, now that was an answer!!  Very fast, lots of good answers.  And no, I never asked a Kindle question.

Sometimes I would be talking with others about something and a discussion/difference of opinion would occur.  Bingo.....Whip out the old kindle, ask the question, and get an answer before dessert.  I miss it. 

Kathy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts