Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you change your Kindle cover, and then skin to match?
Yah know from Oberon,  StrangeDog to M-Edge etc etc.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I have changed my cover twice. Once from the original cover to the red, leather M-Edge. The second time was from the M-Edge to the Red Sky Dragon from Oberon. I can't see changing it again. Unless I find another cover that I like better then the Red Sky Dragon.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I've kept the same Tuff-Luv cover from the beginning.  It's plain black leather, but I did pick up an applique to glue on it. 

I finally decided on a skin and ordered it from DecalGirl yesterday.  I'm a little slow. 

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I changed to the red M-Edge from the original and then didn't change it until I got my Oberon Butterfly one.  I now have a blue Noreve and changed to that and have changed it back and forth between the two 3 times.  Once I get my Grey Noreve it will be worse. No skins, I tried them on my phone a while back and didn't like them, so don't I want to spoil my Kindle with one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Besides my blue M-Edge, all I have is the regular cover that came with the Kindle, so I never change it. 

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I switched from the OEM cover when the elastic stretched out.  Started using an m-edge (red, not-leather).  I don't plan to switch until I make a decision and buy an Oberon.  And then that'll be it, most likely.  But who knows?!

Ann

·
Registered
723 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I had my red m-Edge cover when my Kindle arrived and have not changed since.

Linda
Lady after my own heart.
I have the Red M-edge, just waiting... on my kindle.

Eric (The dog trainer)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
MineKinder said:
How often do you change your Kindle cover, and then skin to match?
Yah know from Oberon, StrangeDog to M-Edge etc etc.
My hubby gave me a Kindle for Christmas. I knew ahead of time so I bought a Decal Girl Skin, and Might Bright II Light. After the first two weeks of using my Kindle I had it drop on my head a few times and even split my lip open. My hubby felt bad and bought me the Oberon Tree of Life cover (They are on vacation, I won't get until the end of this month). Yay! I figured I wouldn't be able to buy a new cover for a long time...they are kind of expensive. LOL!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've made my own covers (5) for the orginial kindle cover and I change them each time I read a new book.  I also have the Vizu pink and that gets turns too.  I have two Decalgirl skins that match all my covers.  I guess I get bored easily?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I use the originial cover, which I usually just change the material I cover that with. Couple of months ago I found a design I really like and haven't changed it since. I, too, have two decalgirl skins, but I haven't changed it in a while. I also have a protective gadget case, which I carry my k in, which carries my K, the usb cord, my earbud earphones, my Zune, and a pen

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I went from the OEM cover to my Sky Dragon and I see no reason to change it. I also have a Rozi skin which I don't plan on changing either since it complements the cover. I'm very happy with the combination :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
First I had a red M-edge which I used constantly til I got the saddle M-edge which I used constantly til I got the Hokusai wave by Oberon. Since then, my Kindle has been in the Hokusai wave constantly and I don't plan to change. I gave my two M-edge covers away -- red to my friend and saddle to my son. I also have the Symphonic skin which I am not planning on changing, either.

L

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used the original cover until my black M-Edge came, but I really wasn't thrilled.  I ordered the Vizu in red, but sent it back because it:
1. Looked and felt cheap
2. Bled red on my Kindle!
I then bought the Tuff-Luv because you can stand it up, and I was happy with that until I saw the Oberons.  Once my Tree of Life came (with velcro) I have not taken the Kindle out of it.  I found I didn't even need a stand, since the cover is thick enough to stay up on it's own.  I love it!

G

·
I used the OEM until the beta for the Oberon. Used Tree of Life Oberon beta until I sent it back. Agonizing 2 1/2 weeks with OEM until I got my Celtic Hounds Oberon w/corners. Don't see changing it again unless Oberon finally comes out with Celtic Braid (my personal fav of their designs).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I use the Oberon when I going out and the original  black one for home.  I really like the original black one best

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I used the OEM cover for a while, then got a red fake- leather M-Edge.  I got the Pixies skin from decalgirl around Thanksgiving.  It didn't really go with the red, so I dug the original cover out to use again.  I am planning to get an Oberon cover when they come out with their new designs, and I'm planning on something that will go well with my current skin, and Whimsical, the other one I like (hoping for purple fairies!).  After that, I think I'll be done for a while.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Only once.  When I got my M-edge.  When my M-edge wears out, I'll change it again when I get my Oberon. ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
sebat said:
Only once. When I got my M-edge. When my M-edge wears out, I'll change it again when I get my Oberon. ;)
:D wait...I think I get this: When my M-edge wears out ----> translated to: After my m-edge incidentally made its way under the sandpaper machine ____(insert person) was operating.

lol. ;) hey I was in on similar plots in high school...the " :eek: I dropped my cellphone under the tire of my friend's car" plots. ::)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts