Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine seems to never change and I'm afraid it's going to burn into the screen!  Is there a setting to change the speed?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's not really a screensaver.  It's just a picture that shows while your K is asleep.  You get one picture each time it goes to sleep, they don't rotate.

You do not need to worry about images burning into the screen.  E-ink does not work that way, there is no screen burn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the FAST replies!!  No, mine is "stuck" on John Steinbeck.  And when I get tired of looking at him (which won't be soon I promise you  ;)) I'll switch it just to look at something different.  Some are really cool!  Not really the people ones though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bijou said:
Thanks for the FAST replies!! No, mine is "stuck" on John Steinbeck. And when I get tired of looking at him (which won't be soon I promise you ;)) I'll switch it just to look at something different. Some are really cool! Not really the people ones though.
Thanks, I try to keep up my appearances

;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you wake it up, put it to sleep, wake it up, put it to sleep, it's still the same?

Is it a new K2 or a used K1?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Two full days now, and lots of cycles of sleeping/waking my Kindle, I still have yet to see the same picture twice.  Of course, the one that's on it right now is the number cranker machine and asks for feeback.  I have the feeling I might be about to see the first one in the rotation again.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stu11926 said:
Two full days now, and lots of cycles of sleeping/waking my Kindle, I still have yet to see the same picture twice. Of course, the one that's on it right now is the number cranker machine and asks for feeback. I have the feeling I might be about to see the first one in the rotation again.

Jonathan
There are (according to folks here) 25 pictures so you need to cycle through 25 screensavers before they repeat. They show them in order.

L

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Atunah said:
OMG I have fallen in love with the cat in Bijou's avatar. I can't stop looking.
Aww thanks! That's my girl Tigerlily. She's an Abyssinian and I think she was about 4 or 5 months old in that picture. She's a LOVE but also a royal PITA!!

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Leslie said:
There are (according to folks here) 25 pictures so you need to cycle through 25 screensavers before they repeat. They show them in order.

L
See, and I think they're random. One time I specifically wanted to show one in particular to my brother so I was waking it and putting to sleep every 30 seconds. There were a couple that came up at least twice before I got the one I was looking for. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I swear she's not cross-eyed like she looks in the first photo! She's a doll. Really small though. 5 lbs. maybe.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Awww.  Pretty kitty.  Does she always look at you like she's sneering?

lol, I don't think that's a bad thing.  My neighbors had a siamese that hated them. It always looked like it was plotting their demise.  Which, actually, it may well have been.  Anyway, I thought she was hilarious.

·
Registered
419 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Awww. Pretty kitty. Does she always look at you like she's sneering?
I think all cats do this. At least my 6 do. When you get home dogs are all happy and "Hi, Hi pet me, pet me"
Cats are more like "Excuse me, do you have an appointment?"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts