Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Nazis surrendered first -- May 1945, I believe.

That's why we had to drop the bomb on Japan. They refused to surrender. V-J day was Aug 14, 1945. Although that picture of the sailor kissing the nurse was posed, my relatives tell me it was quite a day of celebration in NYC.

My Dad fought in North Africa, and my Mom worked at the Brooklyn Army Base. So I grew up knowing all about the war.

I'm 53, same as Leslie and betctru (wow, that's hard to spell!)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jeff said:
I'm not sure. They weren't all that far apart in terms of wartime. My father was home from the war in Europe and scheduled to ship out for Japan when the Japanese surrendered.

J
My father wasn't in Europe but he was scheduled for the invasion of Japan.

Not that many years later, he was in Korea.

L

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
The people you see in the street behind the nurse and the sailor weren’t posed. They were climbing on top of cars, dumping wastebaskets out windows, ringing every bell and honking every horn. Although all the noise and confusion scared the devil out of me, I knew it was a glorious day. My father and uncle, both just back from the war in Europe, were so excited that they forgot I was in the rumble-seat.

And, since nobody played along and guessed, I'm 66 and don't feel a day over 65.

Jeff

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Khabita said:
I take my username for most forums from my license plate, betctru, which is Betsy True in license plate text. Which is my name. I just figured out how to change the published name from the username, so now it won't be so hard to spell or remember!

Ok, Leslie and Khabita, when are your birthdays--who is the oldest???

Betsy

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ok math majors...I'm 2/3 of Jeff's age.

Sports Fans...The picture of John Riggins tearing away from a Miami defender in the Super Bowl that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated? You can't see Riggo's jersey number in that picture but that's how old I am.

Douglas Adam's Fans...I'm two years older than the meaning of life.

Edit!

Well how about that...You can see his number!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
ScottBooks said:
Ok math majors...I'm 2/3 of Jeff's age.

Sports Fans...The picture of John Riggins tearing away from a Miami defender in the Super Bowl that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated? You can't see Riggo's jersey number in that picture but that's how old I am.

OK, that's an easy one for this Redskins fan:

Go, Deisel!!! John Riggins most famous quote: "Come on, Sandy Baby. Loosen up!" to Sandra Day OConnor, Supreme Court Justice

·
Registered
383 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I am 58 but most of the time feel 39. My body is quick to remind me of my actual age when tested though. ;D

Linda
I am 39, but there are days when my body says I'm older! People who say kids keep you young don't have any! ;)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I'm 46 but deserve to be a lot older. As Indiana Jones says, "It's not the years, it's the mileage."

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I was a lot vague upthread about my age, but looks like most are confessing.  Without saying the number . . . I'll be getting my first early retirement Social Security check in a few months.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My body is 51 years old (and looks it!!), but in my heart I'm 28.

Kat

·
Registered
186 Posts
OK- I 'fess up.  69 and my oldest daughter will be 49 next month. Four Macintosh computers, two IPods, two Kindles. and two cats in our house!

Will (older than dirt) 

B

·
0 Posts
ScottBooks said:
That makes it all too easy.............lol

I too, am near the meaning of life, but only 1 year older.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Welcome tecwriter! I had to tell my grands if they wanted to talk to NiNa to call instead of texting. Geez, I was bombarded with messages & still trying to answer the first one. Mademe grouchy! ??? I do love my Kindle and iPod though!

Linda
Hah, my parents went out of state for a week, and I sent my mom so many texts, she finally bit the bullet and figured out how to send a reply.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Mom of 4 said:
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I am 58 but most of the time feel 39. My body is quick to remind me of my actual age when tested though. ;D

Linda
I am 39, but there are days when my body says I'm older! People who say kids keep you young don't have any! ;)
Eh, if I weren't around, my mother wouldn't know her way around anything more technologically complicated than a clock. So, I keep her up to date, at the very least.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Khabita said:
I take my username for most forums from my license plate, betctru, which is Betsy True in license plate text. Which is my name. I just figured out how to change the published name from the username, so now it won't be so hard to spell or remember!

Ok, Leslie and Khabita, when are your birthdays--who is the oldest???

Betsy
My license plate, the first vanity plate I've ever registered reads: RUNMBCL. Points awarded to those who can sound it out...I've found that only one in five get it first try. Hint: I came up with it last year as I was driving to town hall to renew my registration and someone cut me off in traffic.

21 - 40 of 215 Posts