Kindle Forum banner

How old are you?

25K views 214 replies 86 participants last post by  paisley 
#1 ·
Yeah, sounds like a very intrusive question. I was just wondering what the average age of Kindle users is, cause I seem to be one of the youngest on this website. (I'm 19).

#4 ·
Old enough that my back hurts.  Old enough to need glasses.  Young enough to chase you if I have too.  Too Old for a bikini...too young for a mumu.  Old enough to say I'm wise... Young enough to become wiser.  Young enough to still care; Old enough to NOT have to.  Old enough to stay up late but too old to say it doesn't effect me....night. 

#9 ·
I am 62 years old.  I'm a technology nut and have been since I had a mail order business selling original software for the Commodore VIC-20 and 64.  I've paid $350 for a Sears calculator that could only add, subtract, multiply and divide and $20 for a digital watch that had more functions than my first $1000 PC.  In the last year I've taught myself how to create 3d graphics and animations.

All that said, I love my Kindle.  It came last week and I've already had to demonstrate it to a half dozen workmates.

#16 ·
OK, so Wikipedia says VJ day was either Aug 15, the unofficial announcement or Sep 2, the formal surrender ceremony, in 1945.  I was surprised to see that!

Betsy

#20 ·
Life.com says it was V-J day, but on Aug 14.  Apparently it was Aug 15 in Japan and Aug 14 here.  Wow, I'm actually learning history!!!!  My husband, who lived through it, only remembered it was later than V-E day.

Betsy

#23 ·
The Nazis surrendered first -- May 1945, I believe.

That's why we had to drop the bomb on Japan. They refused to surrender. V-J day was Aug 14, 1945. Although that picture of the sailor kissing the nurse was posed, my relatives tell me it was quite a day of celebration in NYC.

My Dad fought in North Africa, and my Mom worked at the Brooklyn Army Base. So I grew up knowing all about the war.

I'm 53, same as Leslie and betctru (wow, that's hard to spell!)

#24 ·
Jeff said:
I'm not sure. They weren't all that far apart in terms of wartime. My father was home from the war in Europe and scheduled to ship out for Japan when the Japanese surrendered.

J
My father wasn't in Europe but he was scheduled for the invasion of Japan.

Not that many years later, he was in Korea.

L

#25 ·
The people you see in the street behind the nurse and the sailor weren’t posed. They were climbing on top of cars, dumping wastebaskets out windows, ringing every bell and honking every horn. Although all the noise and confusion scared the devil out of me, I knew it was a glorious day. My father and uncle, both just back from the war in Europe, were so excited that they forgot I was in the rumble-seat.

And, since nobody played along and guessed, I'm 66 and don't feel a day over 65.

Jeff

#26 ·
Khabita said:
I'm 53, same as Leslie and betctru (wow, that's hard to spell!)
I take my username for most forums from my license plate, betctru, which is Betsy True in license plate text. Which is my name. I just figured out how to change the published name from the username, so now it won't be so hard to spell or remember!

Ok, Leslie and Khabita, when are your birthdays--who is the oldest???

Betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.