Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new article posted just now on Slate.com that dissects Hugh Howey's Wool series in some detail. One part I liked was,

"Howey's self-publishing Cinderella story is so compelling that it often becomes the media story about Wool. But way more fascinating than that is the way the world of Wool reflects our own world-and how Howey's interactions with readers are overturning the traditional relationship between an author, his creations, and his audience."

Read the article here: WARNING - >> DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS <<

Wool, Gathering: How self-pubbed best-seller Hugh Howey overturned the author-reader relationship-and wrote the next great sci-fi saga.
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2013/03/hugh_howey_and_wool_how_the_self_pubbed_sci_fi_writer_relates_to_fans.html

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
That's got what I'd consider spoilers. Not total spoilers, but enough that I know I wouldn't have enjoyed the book as much had I known all those things the article reveals, so maybe a spoiler warning on the thing would be nice.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vrabinec said:
That's got what I'd consider spoilers. Not total spoilers, but enough that I know I wouldn't have enjoyed the book as much had I known all those things the article reveals, so maybe a spoiler warning on the thing would be nice.
Thanks. I updated my OP with the warning.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I haven't read Wool before, and I didn't see that as a spoiler. I honestly don't understand the premise of the story, but that's just me. btw, I'm not bashing the book, so for those who enjoyed the story, please don't send me hate mail or anything. Wool is way over my head to understand.

It's a nice write-up, though. I'm glad to see Hugh is getting more publicity.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Since I've read Wool, I'll happily go view the spoilers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts