Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bookbub promo coming up next weekend. Threads will be at half price on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords. And I'm full of questions today!

Question 1: If I change the price on Smashwords, and then change it back in two or three days, is there a chance the change won't get through to the channels? Has anyone ever changed it back in a couple of days, but found the lower price slipped through to other online merchants anyway, and was still out there after you raised your price again?

Question 2: If the lower price DOES slip through from Smashwords to the channels, and they have a lower price after I raise it again on Smashwords, Amazon and B&N, will Amazon come after me? I've never taken that chance before.

Question 3: How long does it take for the price change to show up on a) Amazon and b) B&N? I haven't changed prices recently, and I can't recall if it was hours or a full day on either site. Does anyone know?

Question 4: Should I lower the price on the evening before the scheduled promo?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I can tell you what I did. I changed the prices 72 hours early b/c I didn't want to botch a $300+ ad and NOT have the price change go through. I've had them get hung up before, especially on Amazon, especially when lowering the price. Most times, it changes within 12 hours, but I had it get hung up once for nearly a week. And that's assuming you make changes through KDP and PubIt. Im not sure about timing doing it via SW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts