Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever asked Amazon to set your Kindle book to free via price-matching, only to find it is not free in another country? You then contact them again and ask for it to be set to free in another territory (and perhaps another). Then one day, you discover the price has somehow been changed in one of those territories?

It can be a bit of a pain having to jump between different stores checking, so you probably don't bother until someone tells you that your apparently free book is not free in some country. If so, I have discovered a neat site where you can do that check simply by inputting your ASIN. It will even email you when your price changes - how neat is that?

I used it today when I needed to run a check and as I thought it might be useful for others, I thought I would post the link here:

Registered
Oooohh... That is awesome! I have one book that's supposed to be permafree, but that's one thing Amazon does NOT like LOL. Over the years, it keeps putting a price tag back on it. Annoying as hell. I might just take it off ZON and be done with it.

Still, nifty little site you found there. Thanks, Kathy!

Reactions: Kathy Dee

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that's one thing Amazon does NOT like LOL. Over the years, it keeps putting a price tag back on it. Annoying as hell. I might just take it off ZON and be done with it.
I think Amazon's stance over free books has changed dramatically. They seem less happy about them than ever these days, and unexpected price changes are becoming more and more common. Glitches in the system, or a clandestine policy aimed at discouraging the permafree tactic - who knows?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts