Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Best way is to use your computer and go to "Manage Your Kindle" at Amazon. Choose Your Kindle Library. All books purchased will be listed. Right side of the page has an "Options" button, with "Delete from Library" being one of the options

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
intinst has the right method. It's usually not wise to delete them by messing with the file structure of the Kindle -- and, anyway, they are still available on Amazon even if you do that.  But if you Delete it via Manage Your Kindle, you can make it go away for ever.  You'll get a warning that if you change your mind you'll have to pay for the book again.

G

·
Rhonda Helms said:
I want to delete the dictionary off my Kindle and can't figure out how...any tips? I don't see it under my list of books on my Kindle Library in Amazon.
For this you'll have to delete manually by going into the "documents" folder when you plug in to USB.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Why bother deleting the dictionary?  There may come a time you want it.  I set up a "kindle" collection with that & the other items Amazon put on mine initially.  They're there if I need them.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I NEVER use the dictionary, which is why I wanted to delete it. I'm OCD and want to keep my list clean and only with books I want to read/reread (I archive things I don't want). But if it's going to jack things up I'd rather leave it in there. Good to know. Glad I didn't figure out how to remove it, haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts