Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, assuming that the Kindle DX didn't change with the way the screensavers are on the K2, I was wondering how do you delete the ones that come with the K2? Or is there no way to do that? I don't want to go through the trouble of having to use the hack to make my own screensavers (which would probably look horrible anyway because my creativity for all stuff visual is about zero - I'm more of a writer). I just don't want to have to see dead authors creepy faces when my Kindle is on sleep mode. If anyone has information regarding this, that would be great. If anyone with information that has learned a thing or two about the Kindle DX's screensaver stuff would be great too.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If you want to delete the screensavers on the K2, you will need to install the hack. You don't need to create your own, we have several threads with screensavers posted in the The Kindle Boards Photo Gallery. Pick one or more of those to load.

I doubt we will get any info on the DX screensavers before it starts shipping.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I figured that much - but it was definitely worth a try. But you have to download the hack to remove screensavers? Interesting. I'm assuming one will soon be established when the DX comes out, so if the K2 and DX are the same in the screensaver department, I can just look forward to that.

What do you do after you download the hack though? I looked at the post. Do you just remove the screensaver from the folder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts