Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help with this, I want to put some photos of my puppies as screensavers for my newly opened Kindle2.

I followed the steps from here: http://kindel.com/blogs/charlie/archive/2008/06/17/hacking-the-kindle.aspx hoping that the same method that works for the original Kindle would work for the Kindle2.

The steps work up to the point of exporting to Screensaver with alt-shift-zero. I don't know if they changed/removed the old hotkey combo, but it doesn't work on the new Kindle 2.

I also noticed that sometimes the images would "blank" to the point where I had to hit menu twice to show the image. If I go to home and back to screensavers, it would remain blank (only show last screen) until I hit menu. Rebooting via holding the power down for 12 seconds is the only thing that fixes this behavior.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far.

Ann: Yes, I know, that's why I said in the Subject that the method supplied doesn't work.  I was looking for an alternative for the K2. ;)

Marianner:  I'm hoping someone will find the answer sooner rather than later.  :'(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts