Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've decided to upload both parts of our latest book into the existing title/ASIN to simplify matters, even though it means that existing buyers can now obtain both parts without paying for the new one (consider it a bonus I suppose).

Obviously for small updates/edits Amazon doesn't need to send out notices, but for something this big I have heard in the past that you can have Amazon send out a notice to existing buyers to update their book content.... or am I deluded?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Have you tried e-mailing them?  I'm reworking my first novel (re-editing and adding deleted content to the end as a 2nd edition) ... my plan is to just reach out to Amazon and let them know.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you email Amazon's KDP support, they will help you with this. They won't however do it in a timely manner. Expect it to take 3-5 weeks for them to review, process and push out the emails to the specified customers.

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A1RGGPBKDR1BPZ

Also, make sure that when you email them, you don't use any language that you wouldn't want your customers to see. I've heard of them copying and pasting the authors email into the notice they send to customers as a way of explaining what was updated.

When they updated my book for me, they didn't do this, but I would still be mindful of it.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I did the same thing. I had a four parter that I decided worked better as a full-length novel. I combined them and notified Amazon through Author Central. Another author had done the same and that's who she notified. I got an acknowledgement email but nothing after that. It's been months and they never sent out a notice.

Think I'll try again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts