Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I read some stuff that implied there was a way to get a book into the kindle daily deal. Anyone know what the secret is? I'll be your BFF. :)

I thought it was luck of the draw, but some posts inferred otherwise.

Maybe my books smell funny? Or this requires a goat and a virgin?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
The Kindle Daily Deal is just that -- a deal. If your book is regularly priced at 99 cents, then they will not choose it because they discount up to 90% off, and the lowest price they will discount to is 99 cents. A 99 cent book on sale for 99 cents isn't exactly a "deal."

Other than that, a lot of luck. And sacrificial goats. And sending back the "I accept the terms" email when they invite you to participate.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My memoir was the Kindle Daily Deal back in November and from the email I got informing me, it appeared that my book was nominated from a list of books to be considered from my genre. Then they were voted upon and Silent Tears won.

Not much help, but it's at least a small peek into how it works. *Nominated* was the key word there, making me think it's a group task put up to a vote.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
KayBratt said:
My memoir was the Kindle Daily Deal back in November and from the email I got informing me, it appeared that my book was nominated from a list of books to be considered from my genre. Then they were voted upon and Silent Tears won.

Not much help, but it's at least a small peek into how it works. *Nominated* was the key word there, making me think it's a group task put up to a vote.
Interesting. So I wonder if having a book in a smaller genre would help or hinder?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Um...I don't remember approving it. Though that part could have been muffled by the sounds of my joyous screams as I ran around the house praising the Gods that be that my book would finally be a Kindle Daily Deal.

:-[

1 - 7 of 7 Posts