Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to run an Bookbub Ad but I have run into a problem. They ask for an image size of 300 x 250 pixels, which is ridiculously tiny. All of my ad work is massively larger than this and reducing even a simple book cover for the ad destroy the quality completely. I can't create entirely new covers for an ad, so what is the solution? Am I missing something here? That's possible, I'm not tech at all.

Thank you. :) :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
When you size down, don't do it all at once. Size down by a small increment - 25%, for example - then double click to accept the size, then repeat until it's the size you want. That usually works for me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShayneRutherford said:
When you size down, don't do it all at once. Size down by a small increment - 25%, for example - then double click to accept the size, then repeat until it's the size you want. That usually works for me.
Thanks - I can get it down to around 500 x 350 but after that it just looks very fuzzy and poor quality. I must be missing something here because BB have a lot of great ads and people aren't creating brand new book covers each time they want to use them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShayneRutherford said:
Are you using PS?
No, GIMP but it's pretty good. Reducing from 3000 pixels to 300 is just not working. Does PS do this sort of reduction?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I’ve been able to get it to work for me on PS. If you want to shoot me your JPG file, I’ll give it a try. shayne (at) wickedgoodbookcovers (dot) com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts