Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Kindle only has about 600 x 800 pixels to display stuff, so it is limited in what it can display.  Try resizing your images to be closer to what the Kindle can display.  Some things are too complex to display in that small a resolution.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
iroar, I assume you're referring to graphics in books you've purchased, but you didn't specify.  Have you tried moving the cursor (using the 5-way controller) over the graphic, to see if it can be resized?  That often helps, especially if the graphic wasn't full-size to begin with.  When your cursor is over the graphic, you'll see a magnifying glass icon with a plus sign in the middle.  Just click the center button on the 5-way and the graphic may enlarge.

This will work in .mobi, .prc, and .azw (Amazon) books, but not in .pdf files.

·
Super Moderator
67,555 Posts
As DW suggests, you can click on many images and get a somewhat magified image.  But depending on the resolution used initially, it may make it bigger -- but blurry. 

If it's something I really want to look at I'll often load the book up on my Xoom or PC where the images generally display better.  But, still, it depends on what the original looked like.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I only noticed the other day that if you are viewing a PDF, the Aa menu has an extra option for contrast. It's remarkable how much difference adjusting this makes to some diagrams such as maps.

Unfortunately it's not there as an option for a standard Kindle book (azw or mobi).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.