Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  I have four books listed on Amazon.  I'd like to offer a special 2-for-1 sale...you buy one, you get the second one in the series free.  Any suggestions how I could set that up?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Short answer, you can't.

The only sales you can offer are the sales that KDP allows. Or, if you are wide, you can lower a price elsewhere and hope they will price match.

Editing to add. You can, of course, lower the price of your books at any time.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've seen authors give away book 2 for a mailing list sign up. You can put this offer into the frontmatter of book 1 which means you get a few extra eyeballs from Look Inside.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My only guess i to make book 2 free or 0.99  It's unlikely anyone buying it would not have bought book 1.

In Barnes & Noble you can create coupon codes (and I wish the other retailers did that). I can create a 50%-off code for book 2 and put it at the back of Book 1.

As for Zon, not much way to be creative in marketing. They have few/no options.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
The late lamented CreateSpace had its own store (until Amazon shut the store down, a year before it shut CS down) where anyone could order books and we could offer discounts. I put a standing $2 code on my author website, applicable to any book(s) of mine, so that if someone ordered two books, the shipping was covered, and if anyone ordered three books, there was an overall savings. In the six or seven years this offer was in effect, including the golden years of 2011-2013, not one person used a coupon code. So I'm skeptical of their value.

This notion seems promising: "I've seen authors give away book 2 for a mailing list sign up". But isn't that a violation of Amazon's TOS when it comes to ebooks? And how many readers would know how to sideload a mobi file to the Kindle device or app? One could do it with the paperback, I suppose, but that's an awfully expensive way to get a signup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.