Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,302 Posts
chilady1 said:
I read a lot of series, that's not to say I don't read single novels but preference is series. Therefore, the use of the Calibre Kindle Collections plug-in I now organize my books by series, not by genre which is the way many people organize their Collections.

Home Page will look like this:

Vintage Magic Mystery - Blair, Anette (3)

When I go into the Collection, it is organized like this:

01 - A Veiled Description
02 - Larceny and Lace
03 - Death by Diamonds

This is helpful because I don't have to try and remember what the next book in the series is. I do have a collection entitled "Single Novels" that keeps all of my one off books in a Collection. However, if I have an author that has 2 or more books that are not in a Collection, those are in a Collection under the Author's Name. There are lots of creative ways to organize your books. Keep in mind, Collections are Tags, not Folders. Good luck!
Just an FYI... if you go to this much trouble to organize your collections through Calibre and then decide to upgrade your K, you'll have to do it all again for the new one. I don't want to discourage you from doing this. Just be aware that the way Amazon's DRM works each book has to be downloaded to the kindle it's being used on for it to work. If you aren't buying from Amazon it's not an issue.

I did this once but won't take the time to do it again. I now just check on Goodreads when I have a question like that.

· Registered
2,302 Posts
chilady1 said:
This is not a problem from me for either Amazon or non Amazon books. Whatever ereader I use, Kindle or other these Collections will move with me via Calibre but thanks for looking out for me. I do appreciate that and I am aware of the constraints of the Amazon books being tied to the Kindle.
I'm glad that you are aware of it, but wanted to make sure that Birdman28 was aware of it too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.