Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon yet another newbie question from me!

I had heard good things about listing a bargain book on Ereader News Today, known here simply as ENT. So, I submitted a request and today got an email stating that they will list my book on January 4.  In turn, I have to discount it to 99-cents, which I just put through.

Has anyone else used ENT for this promotion? If so, how'd it go?

Also, is a 99-cent book something I should promote elsewhere, or is it pointless given that free books, which seem quite common, are 99% cheaper than 99-cent books?

I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should do, or shall I just sit back and watch my enormous 35-cent royalties pour in? :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No way don't sit back and do nothing! :D

Start today notifying some sites that your book will be featured at a discount of 99 cents. One place I found is all the cheap ebook sites on Facebook. Basically what I do is put Cheap Reads, Bargain e-books, etc different combinations.... in the facebook search bar and start notifying. If it is a wall that allows you to post, wait until the day of but make sure you paste the url to a document and note to go back to it on the day. If it is one that does not allow you to submit on their wall, send a pm with your link to Amazon and a short request to be featured on Jan 4 while it is on sale. Make is short but worthy... ie: "My book has a rating of _____with __ 5-Star reviews, etc.. and will be on sale Jan 4 for only 99 cents..." (don't forget the link)

There are other sites on the web to notify, but facebook is a great place to start.

Edited to add:
Bargain Booksy is a good one to notify as well. http://bargainbooksy.com/for-authors

Some of these on this thread also are for bargain books and not just freebies: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,114408.0.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KayBratt said:
No way don't sit back and do nothing! :D

Start today notifying some sites that your book will be featured at a discount of 99 cents. One place I found is all the cheap ebook sites on Facebook. Basically what I do is put Cheap Reads, Bargain e-books, etc different combinations.... in the facebook search bar and start notifying. If it is a wall that allows you to post, wait until the day of but make sure you paste the url to a document and note to go back to it on the day. If it is one that does not allow you to submit on their wall, send a pm with your link to Amazon and a short request to be featured on Jan 4 while it is on sale. Make is short but worthy... ie: "My book has a rating of _____with __ 5-Star reviews, etc.. and will be on sale Jan 4 for only 99 cents..." (don't forget the link)

There are other sites on the web to notify, but facebook is a great place to start.

Edited to add:
Bargain Booksy is a good one to notify as well. http://bargainbooksy.com/for-authors
Thanks, Kay! I wasn't sure if discounted books get as much attention as free books, but it sounds like I have some options. I will definitely take your advice.

And, just to highlight why I'm in the creative arts and not in engineering like my father and grandfather, I just realized that my statement "free books are 99% cheaper than 99-cent books" is not correct. They're 100% cheaper. Not that it matters. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The change went through and my book is now 99-cents, one day early. The ENT promotion starts tomorrow. I notified some of the Facebook pages as Kay suggested, and I sent a message to bargainbooksy.

Aside from these, does anyone else have suggestions on how to promote a discounted book? Most of the sites I've found cater to free books, so I'm just wondering if there are some good ones that have sections for discounted books.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Good luck! I love ENT Bargain Books promo!

Kay's advice is spot on. Don't just sit back...take as much advantage as you can about getting the word out. Yes, most of the books you sell will be as a direct result of the ENT promo, but you might as well see if you can capitalize on the higher ranking you will get and notify as many places as possible.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Good luck! I love ENT Bargain Books promo!

Kay's advice is spot on. Don't just sit back...take as much advantage as you can about getting the word out. Yes, most of the books you sell will be as a direct result of the ENT promo, but you might as well see if you can capitalize on the higher ranking you will get and notify as many places as possible.
Thanks, Amanda!

So, after the promotion, is it best to bring the book back up to its normal price (3.99), or is it better to let it stay at 99-cents for a while? ENT said I have to leave it at 99-cents until the 6th anyway; my promo is on the 4th, so I guess the extra time is for people who don't look at their emails for a while. I'm wondering if the low price should go beyond the 6th.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KayBratt said:
I've extended mine almost a week out because the sales and ranking are still doing great, and my hope is that the book will lead readers to my other titles.
Awesome. I'm sure it will lead people to your other titles.

I think I need to write and publish my second novel today! I wish. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts