Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this yet? As I'm waiting for Leslie's FAQ to go up, I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to do this.

Also, I'm reading Outlander right now! I'm just sad I might not finish in time for the book Klub!  :-\

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
VMars said:
Also, I'm reading Outlander right now! I'm just sad I might not finish in time for the book Klub! :-\
We finished the Klub for Outlander, but feel free to browse through the threads and post as the mood strikes you. I keep an eye out for latecomers.

We just started the Dragonfly in Amber discussion this week. Catch up with us when you can.

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I think Gutenberg books are in plain text, so the easiest way to get them onto the Kindle may be to e-mail them from your computer to the Kindle. Amazon will convert them from plain text for you.

You could also use Stanza to convert them to PRC or MOBI files, then copy via USB connection.

Mike

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You can also find a lot of those same books on manybooks.net where they are already formatted for your Kindle. If you use the mobile site: mnybks.net from your Kindle, you can download directly to your Kindle. The search function is harder to use that way and you can not really browse from the mobile site, but if you know the author or book title it works fine. ;D

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Check out Calibre, an excellent e-book management program, which will also convert files and easily upload them to the Kindle....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!  ;D I got two by Kafka from manybooks, although I had to go in through whispernet. I tried downloading it first, putting it in a folder then dragging the folder to Kindle, but that didn't work.

Will try Calibre next.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
VMars said:
Thanks guys! ;D I got two by Kafka from manybooks, although I had to go in through whispernet. I tried downloading it first, putting it in a folder then dragging the folder to Kindle, but that didn't work.

Will try Calibre next.
You need to put it in the documents folder on the Kindle, not just onto the Kindle drive.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This website also has some books from Gutenberg already converted for Kindle: http://freekindlebooks.org/

I believe there is a way to search this site from the Kindle. If so, it is much easier to use if you look at the format. You don't have to do a search if you know the author's name. You can simply scroll down to the author, click, and it brings up the list of books. You then scroll down to the book, click, and download. The site is formatted for Kindle use, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.