Registered
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phoenix Sullivan said:
A nice list.
I would, however, not beg family, especially those on your same IP address, for reviews.
And one correction: BookBub's current policy is to not accept multi-author box sets. Single-author boxes, yes, but not multi.
Thanks for the correction Phoenix. And by the way, with your success with Steel Magnolia press, I wouldn't mind seeing what kind of list you could come up with.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Good tips.

I will add one - never miss a chance to promote. Put something in all those profiles you fill out, even if there isn't a specific place for it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Are there really no high return advertising places that don't require you to already have enough success as to have a ton of reviews? Why is this industry so backward? No TV affiliate would make you prove you sold a thousand couches with ten percent of customers signing affidavits before they took your money to advertise your furniture store.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Bookmarked. :) I just did a LT giveaway, which got me a review only a few days after it ended, and I'm going to do a GR giveaway in October. I don't want to do September because it still seems to be like a bad selling month. Or maybe Sept would be good, since then I'd be in lists when the buying months come around. :-\

I've heard about NetGalley, but I think they tend to rate lower? Something to do with the different rating systems (a 3 star being considered better on NG than on Amazon)? I look forward to trying out Story Cartel.

When my next book comes out in Q1 next year, I'm thinking of making my current book perma-free and seeing what effect that has.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the tips!
Regarding the paid promotion sites, which ones offer the best return for the money spent? Does it differ based on genre?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.