Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a few BETA readers lined up, but I'm a little confused as to how to actually send them stories... :D

Do you usually send them PDF files, files directly from word, or...?

I know it's a bit of a silly question, but I thought I might as well ask, haha.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I beta read a novel for someone I found on Reddit, and he linked me to a google document. Word works as well. Keep in mind that if you make it easy and convenient for your beta readers to give feedback, they'll give more of it more quickly. Maybe ask them what they'd prefer? Some people like to just note comments in a separate Word doc, others prefer to mark passages and use the comment feature.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Email a Word doc -- that's the standard way to do it. I also offer mine the option of .mobi or .epub, because I have Jutoh and can do conversions easily (I don't bother trying to make the formatting perfect for the beta reader versions). I

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a section on my website only for beta readers. They can download the book in the format that they want to use. I typically have ePub, Mobi and PDF versions available, but I've also put up DOC files.

I use my online store and a coupon - as well as a special shopper group that are the only ones who can actually see what's there to download.

Let's me track who has what very easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts