Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see three ways TOCs are being done in boxsets. Are any against the rules?

1)

TOC

Book name 1
Book name 2
Book name 3

^ links to first page of each book.

2)

TOC

Book name 1
Book name 2
Book name 3

^ links to TOC of each book. EG book 2 would skip past book 1 and go to the TOC of book 2. Chapter 1, 2, 3 etc.

3)

TOC

Book name 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Book name 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Book name 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

^ full TOC of all books upfront.

Registered
I'd do #3.
I wouldn't count on links always working.
Why is that?

There is no reason for them not to work on devices with ether way of doing it if the TOC is formatted correctly. If you use Word, go to the begining of your Contents title(TOC), highlight it, then go to "insert" and add "toc" as a booKmark (without the quotes)..If you don't do this, then yes, it won't work on devices. Don't know what you do with other writing software.

Edit: Sorry, I'd not read the example referring to links. I personally would list the chapters of every book as 1,2, and 3 titles at the beginning of each list. Saying that it would wrap up most of the look inside if they had to scroll through 180 chapters on the look inside, so maybe the 1st example is best if Amazon let it pass as a TOC.

Registered
Why is that?
There is no reason for them not to work on devices with ether way of doing it if the TOC is formatted correctly.
Admittedly, I haven't had links fail for a boxset. But I do put links in my back matter and sometimes computers can act screwy and not link properly when clicked. That's what I was thinking. I was thinking 1&2 might be more complex and prone to problems.
But I'm probably being paranoid here.

{edit for clarity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts