Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use webding font in scrivener, but the font effect is removed when I view it in kindle. See screenshots below. Red arrow (scrivener) shows a cross mark which is the letter r with webding font applied. Blue arrow (kindle) shows just the letter r stripped off the font. Is there some way to preserve webding/dingbat font formatting from scrivener to kindle? Thanks for any tips!

Font Number

· Registered
942 Posts
You can’t preserve something like that without embedding the font, which can be complicated or pricy from a licensing perspective, and I would be surprised if it could be done in Scrivener. It’s usually done in the code. If the symbols you’re using are all very simple, like that one, you might see if there is a Unicode geometry equivalent. The simplest of them can sometimes be used without needing an alternate font. That one looks a lot like a multiplication sign, for example, and that would be fairly well supported in many fonts.

By the way, it looks like you also lost your boldface—the bold italic looks to just be italic in the Kindle shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts