Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the whole self-publishing ebooks business and I'm looking for any help you can provide. Please keep in mind that I write short erotic stories. I've published my stories on Smashwords (who in turn distributes them to amazon, B&N, et other big ebook retailers). Any suggestions to promote my stories.

Thanks,

Barbie Lez

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Hi, Barbie!!

I'm going to move your question to the Writers' Café, our forum for writers to talk about the craft and business of writing.

As an erotica writer, please keep in mind that we are a family- and work-place friendly forum, so, in some instances, your ability to talk about your craft may be limited.

Thanks, and thanks for being part of KindleBoards

Betsy

·
Registered
314 Posts
Some people do book tours and there are a lot of resources for that if you google.

Also, a lot of people pick 2-3 social media things (Facebook, Tumblr, whatever) to cultivate and not as "buy my book" but just blogging with interesting things related to your book area. Best thing of course is to never spam anyone cause that causes backlash.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Barbie Lez said:
I'm new to the whole self-publishing ebooks business and I'm looking for any help you can provide. Please keep in mind that I write short erotic stories. I've published my stories on Smashwords (who in turn distributes them to amazon, B&N, et other big ebook retailers). Any suggestions to promote my stories.

Thanks,

Barbie Lez
At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I will say that I've found that my little erotica titles (they're not in my siggy) sell without me doing anything. And I'm not an erotica expert by any stretch of the imagination. I've heard other, more experienced erotica writers say that writing a lot of stories is the biggest promo they do. May I ask, why didn't you go direct to Amazon, B&N and Kobo?

·
Registered
Just finished Screamcatcher: Sasquatch Most Monstrous, fourth in series. Agent has it.
800 Posts
You could try listing in BookBlogs, but the success there is rather limited. I've pulled some sales out of there. Goodreads is a really good bet, joining a group in your genre and participating in the discussions.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Barbie Lez said:

Thanks,

Barbie Lez
Barbie, I'm not sure if you misspoke or have a misunderstanding, but Smashwords does not distribute to Amazon. You have to do that yourself, just in case you weren't aware of that.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Smashwords does distribute to Amazon although I, personally, have checked 'opt out' on the channel manager.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Awesome cover, title, content and good description.  Ebook in Kindleboard signature.  ;)

Also doesn't hurt to have a companion web site/twitter/facebook account.  Don't forget to start an email newsletter, too.

One thing you might try is to purchase your own ebook, and then download free ebooks that are in the same genre as yours.  Eventually your ebook will show up under their "customers also bought" section of each of those titles.

If your book gets enough positive reviews, I've heard a lot of good things about promoting on Bookbub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts