Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the early stages of writing something in which the premise involves creating a person. Of course I am not going to stick to the current science of cloning, because a) that's kind of boring in a fantasy story, and b) my knowledge of the current cloning science could best be described as: non-existent. :p Okay, maybe not that little, but clearly not enough to make it realistic.

Everything I'm reading about the definition of "paranormal" fiction seems to indicate that it would be okay to label it as such.

But have readers come to expect vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters and the like in paranormal stories?

I want to be fair to potential readers in the label/category I use, so how would you categorize this upon publication?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think we need a bit more detail - sounds like it could be sci fi but the fact that you edge toward paranormal makes me wonder if sci fi is too techy.  Yes, paranormal has lots of vamps, weres, shifter but I don't see why it can't have 'created' people too. Maybe paranormal sci fi - and sit on the fence?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts