Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the recession was in my house until Santa put Amazon's Kindle I.O.U. under my tree. (I guess I should probably have bought my husband something more than a shirt!)

So, here I am waiting on my Kindle like many of you. My expected arrival date is sometime in March.

BIO: Grew up in East Texas, live currently in Dallas, TX. I'm an upper thirty-something year old mom to a six month old little blue-eyed girl. Since I'm learning how to juggle a career and mommyhood, my first Kindle download should probably be a very short Self Help book.

BOOKS: My favorite reads tend to be nonfiction history and biographies but I admit I dive into romances too (shh). With my Kindle, I can read those sappy romances in public, in private.

MOTIVE: My last two book clubs crashed and burned. The last one turned into a happy hour just to get attendance back up. I hated when I was the only one who read the book. But, I also hated when I was the only one who didn't. :D I joined Kindle to exchange book suggestions and to see how others incorporate time spent with their Kindle into their day. I imagine bonding with mine over a strong cup of Bailey's coffee. ...sigh

Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Hi Kinderella - Glad to have you here.  We moved to Mexico from Garland, but I am a native Dallasite.

Your avatar with your baby is absolutely darling.  Hope you have time to kindle with your baby and your work.

Lots of Texans here too  8)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am glad to see other moms here.  I just got laid off this year so I thought that I would have more time.  HAH.  my kids are 5 and 7 year old girls and I have less time to read.  I used to read on all of my breaks.  It is great that the kindle fits into my purse.  I have the chance to take it everywhere with me.  I read anything and everything, although I am not a huge fan of autobiographies.  They seem to mostly be about "How great am I?" or "I love me.  Who do you love?"  At least they seem to be when a celeb. writes them.  Congrats on the new baby.  I have to admit that I want my book clubs to be both about the happy hour and the book.  What can I say.

Marguerite

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Kathy said:
Welcome. Seeing the picture of your baby is making me homesick to see my grandbabies in Houston. The youngest one is just 3 months old and I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving.
Kathy, my grandbabies are in Houston, too. I hate that I am not living 5 miles from them anymore! I feel your pain!! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.