Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the recession was in my house until Santa put Amazon's Kindle I.O.U. under my tree. (I guess I should probably have bought my husband something more than a shirt!)

So, here I am waiting on my Kindle like many of you. My expected arrival date is sometime in March.

BIO: Grew up in East Texas, live currently in Dallas, TX. I'm an upper thirty-something year old mom to a six month old little blue-eyed girl. Since I'm learning how to juggle a career and mommyhood, my first Kindle download should probably be a very short Self Help book.

BOOKS: My favorite reads tend to be nonfiction history and biographies but I admit I dive into romances too (shh). With my Kindle, I can read those sappy romances in public, in private.

MOTIVE: My last two book clubs crashed and burned. The last one turned into a happy hour just to get attendance back up. I hated when I was the only one who read the book. But, I also hated when I was the only one who didn't. :D I joined Kindle to exchange book suggestions and to see how others incorporate time spent with their Kindle into their day. I imagine bonding with mine over a strong cup of Bailey's coffee. ...sigh

Nice to meet you!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Kinderella - Glad to have you here.  We moved to Mexico from Garland, but I am a native Dallasite.

Your avatar with your baby is absolutely darling.  Hope you have time to kindle with your baby and your work.

Lots of Texans here too  8)

·
Registered
337 Posts
What a cute baby!

Welcome - I am anxiously awaiting my Kindle, too.  And, I grew up in Northeast Texas and live in a suburb of Dallas now.  You will learn a lot reading these posts.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Kinderella and welcome! I am a native East Texan who has recently returned to the piney woods after a 30 year absence! You have a beautiful baby! So glad you are here. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Angela!
This is a great place,and the members are great! Come in often, and enjoy yourself! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Kinderella, welcome! Glad to have you here. We have a bunch of very active book klubs. Check them out they might be your cup of tea!

L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have received the warmest welcome here.  I’ve been reading through the site and I’m more anxious than ever to get my hands on my new Kindle. 

Thank you so much for your friendships!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Seeing the picture of your baby is making me homesick to see my grandbabies in Houston. The youngest one is just 3 months old and I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I am glad to see other moms here.  I just got laid off this year so I thought that I would have more time.  HAH.  my kids are 5 and 7 year old girls and I have less time to read.  I used to read on all of my breaks.  It is great that the kindle fits into my purse.  I have the chance to take it everywhere with me.  I read anything and everything, although I am not a huge fan of autobiographies.  They seem to mostly be about "How great am I?" or "I love me.  Who do you love?"  At least they seem to be when a celeb. writes them.  Congrats on the new baby.  I have to admit that I want my book clubs to be both about the happy hour and the book.  What can I say.

Marguerite

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Kathy said:
Welcome. Seeing the picture of your baby is making me homesick to see my grandbabies in Houston. The youngest one is just 3 months old and I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving.
Kathy, my grandbabies are in Houston, too. I hate that I am not living 5 miles from them anymore! I feel your pain!! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts