Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

How ya'll doin? Been hanging around here a couple of days, thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Hutto, TX (Go Hippos!) and have had my Kindle since the first of August.

Actually we have two Kindles now since my honey wanted one as soon as he mucked around with mine!
We don't really have names for them but we do call them Thing 1 and Thing 2. You can guess which belongs to who.

I am SAHM of 4 ranging from almost 21 to 6. My Kindle has been great for Soccer Practices,waiting to pick the kids up or waiting for that pokey school bus to get here. I've been reading a lot more before I go to sleep and I think the routine of that has been helping me get to sleep better. Amazon should market the Kindle as a sleeping aid!

As I said, I've been reading much more now, mostly mysteries. I've discovered Stuart Woods and Nelson DeMille and lament that there's no Nero Wolfe for the Kindle. Boo! So I am still buying paperbacks (early Stuart Woods isn't available either).

Since I've been hanging around here, I've gone shopping at Decalgirl.com (two Kindle skins, two iPod skins).  Darn that "What skin should I get" thread! I chose Crime Scene and honey chose Crime Scene Revisited.

I've also gotten a bunch of book samples and purchased "44 Scotland Street" outright. Can't refuse a bargain (or a bargain thread)!

So...that's me and HI!

-sheba

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Sheba (as in "Queen of"?  Great screenname!)

Welcome to the Kindleboards and congrats on your first post!

We all love the Kindle and are glad to share your joy in yours!  Sounds like you already found Accessories (yes!) and the Book Corner!  Hope you can join our Book Clubs beginning in January!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Sheba, we are happy you joined Kindleboards! Looks as if you are having no trouble finding your way around her. Bargain books, a skin  ;) We have book clubs starting in Jan, The Book Corner. My bet is your Kindle is "Thing Number one".  ;D Welcome!!

Linda

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll take a look at the Book Clubs but I've already got so much to read! Yeah, poor me, huh?

I take sheba from King David and Bathsheba. Although, I've had a dessert called "Queen of Sheba" and it was gosh darn rockin'.

-sheba

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome Sheba!

I also have two Kindles.  I gave one to my sister in San Antonio, TX.  We enjoy comparing the books we've read.

It's nice to have you here and we look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Sincere Australian Hopping Marsupial?

You type very well for a kangaroo! How do you manage it with the boxing gloves?
LOL !

Hi Sheba, welcome. Something tells me BJ won't scare you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Angela said:
Howdy Sheba and welcome! Hutto... Near Georgetown, right? I am in NE Texas, Longview area. Always great to have another Texan on board!!
Angela, we have another connection...I have a nephew and great nephew and a great great baby nephew that live in Tatum, TX. Went shopping in Longview with my nieces when we visited Tatum!!! Got the greatest chocolate truffles at some little shop there...many, many years ago.

Brother's wife is from Ft. Worth and they settled back in Arlington when he retired from Air Force. They are currently living in retirement trailor court in Rockport, but are planning to move back to Arlington in the near future.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Daisysmama said:
Angela, we have another connection...I have a nephew and great nephew and a great great baby nephew that live in Tatum, TX. Went shopping in Longview with my nieces when we visited Tatum!!! Got the greatest chocolate truffles at some little shop there...many, many years ago.

Brother's wife is from Ft. Worth and they settled back in Arlington when he retired from Air Force. They are currently living in retirement trailor court in Rockport, but are planning to move back to Arlington in the near future.
Small world. I have lots of friends in Tatum. We have a lake house on Lake Cherokee between Tatum and Longview. Nothing fancy, just a small weekend cabin we inherited from Larry's parents. Figures you would go to Longview to shop... not much shopping in Tatum! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.